Looping for beginners

Where do I even begin? What’s a good budget looper? I know string tricks but trying to broaden my horizon by learning other styles. I can do basic outside looping and inside but only mediocre lol currently looping on a Duncan pro z and it’s a bit frustrating. Is the magic yoyo GHz any good,??

4 Likes

Will try and respond more when I have time later but the Sunrises are incredible.

1 Like

I learned the looping tricks I know on an old iomega raider ex with the thin spacers and cranked down till it nearly broke haha. Dont know if you can still get them

3 Likes

If you don’t want to spring for a pair of Loop 720s, then I think a pair of Duncan Hornets may be your best bet.

2 Likes

You wouldnt want to today, especially when the 720s are better and regularly available.

But man ive heard so many stories about modding raiders and how prone to breaking they were.

4 Likes

From my own experience I recommend loop 720 and poly string, spacer red and Blue, excellent yoyo, quick adaptation

4 Likes

720s are a good choice as well but I love my Sunrises. Basically a 720 with a YYJ bearing. I have Initiators and I kind of regret buying them.

Definitely get your individual loops down on each hand before moving on to two handed. If you mess up stop and start over so you don’t develop bad habits.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice

1 Like