Loop2020 -- the ultimate 2A yoyo?

I know 2A yoyo setup is kinda super tweaky because of the starburst response and the speed at which you do it… but this Loop2020 thing is crazy!

Per the official page it’s been in development since 2015! However it looks like it’s available on the Japanese yoyo sites now, so it is (apparently?) released finally.

Suitably tweaky intro and setup video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qNUyfoolM

Worth noting that in addition to all that stuff, there’s also apparently LED light up caps you can put on it too :smiley:

7 Likes

Whoa!.. Yoyofactory just keep on moving forward, don’t they.

2 Likes

It’s like a ‘build your own yoyo’ yoyo

1 Like

I think it’d be super cool if something like this could happen and work well with 1a yoyos :joy:

I know yomega tried something similar a while back but it was not that great

4 Likes

I’ll take two please…

2 Likes

Be our guest!

I need to up my 2A game considerably with my 720s before I upgrade… of course that has never stopped me before, but dang it, I need to get some principles.

3 Likes

Yeah my ex girlfriend actually bought me one on a whim one time. I don’t remember the model name but there was a black, blue, and maybe a green I think. I had the blue which was supposed to be the middle of the road in terms of responsiveness. It actually wasn’t a terrible yoyo but the response pads were some kind of proprietary size and they wore out faster than anything I’ve ever seen
Edit: but yeah to the point of modifying, you could mix and match everything. The different response, bearings, all of it. It was a cool idea.

2 Likes

Lol PM me if you figure out that principles thing, I’d like to know how that works

2 Likes

Love mine! Had them now going on 2 years I think. Recently Ben helped me out with a red 2020 so I could half swap them. I’m not that good at 2A, so I like half swapped yoyos to help me see them flip. And yes, IMO these are the ultimate 2A yoyos! So tweakable. I can’t remember how I have mine setup. Shu posted how his were setup, and I did the same, but ended up switching one of the starbursts out for a different number, would have to take them apart to find out what that was though. Would HIGHLY recommend these to anyone interested in 2A.

7 Likes

These do look amazing. I was disappointed (and quite surprised) to see that the spare parts are sold separately, especially after seeing full sets sold elsewhere. I would have liked to experiment without having to buy more at $4 a pop.

1 Like

I think I have a 1 & 2 starburst, with #2 axle and spacers (if I remember correctly). I’m pretty sure the full sets were only direct from YYF when they opened it up for people to help with the prototype phase.

2 Likes

Are there going to be more color options?

So the LED clear/black comes with the ‘full set’ of parts if that wasn’t clear…

5 Likes

That makes sense, but nowhere other than selecting clear/black hints at that; even then it sounds like just the LED caps (pictures don’t show the extra spacers, starburst, axles, etc.). The Description section says that the extra parts are sold separately. Clarification would be very helpful.

2 Likes

Completely agree with you! Going to make sure it’s more clear. I did note it in the drop-down now.

4 Likes

I finally got two of these on the B/S/T!

Wow it comes with a lot of stuff, I’m a little confused as to what it comes with? Are these another set of different spacers and starburst than is what on it now? Or do I see two sets in there?

IMG_0124

3 Likes

Lit.

Wow this thing is really cool from an engineering standpoint. I daresay this is the pinnacle of looping yoyos.

I weighed it with the LED caps and I got

53.65g

compared to a pair of loop720s at

52.10g

So the LED caps do add some weight, not sure how I feel about that yet… also interestingly these LED caps have an explicit on/off button, they aren’t activated by spin force like all the other ones I’ve seen.

So there are 3 parts you can substitute out for loop-iness

starburst, axle, spacers

My only mild criticism is that the starburst should be color coded as well so it’s 100% clear which response you’re getting. I guess you could run your finger over it to feel the height of the starburst?

5 Likes

Aha those wily YYF boys have it covered. I used a magic marker to darken the number so it is more clear.

And they also marked the axle with a number as well!

Number two (and white spacers) is what you get in the box with every new 2020 I presume.

3 Likes