YoYoFactory LOOP 2020 New Release!

Loop2020-header

YoYoFactory was founded by two handed yo-yo players. For years they have been advancing 2A yo-yo design and now the next evolution of their legendary Loop series is here! The Shu Takada Signature LOOP 2020!

Loop2020-Orange-1_1024x1024 Loop2020-Orange-2_1024x1024

The concept behind the new 2020 was to create the ultimate looping experience with absolutely zero compromises. YoYoFactory looked at their past 2A models and took in all the data they could to create the perfect looper. They realized that the relationship between the key elements like response/gap need to be separated, spin time could be increased increase through precision, and starburst wear is real and must be accounted for. AND most importantly complexity is ok, as long as it delivers result. The new 2020 is certainly complex, but WOW does it deliver!

Loop2020-Extra1_1024x1024

The yo-yo guts (starburst response, spacers, and axle) can all be swapped out for different parts (sold separately), giving you unparalleled control when it comes to personalizing your looping experience. The default setting uses #2 axle, #2 starbursts, and #2 spacers. It is meant to give you a nice middle of the road balance between responsiveness and sleep time. Check out the loop2020 Tuning Guide in the image below for info on how to perfectly customize your 2020 experience!

Looop2020-Extra2_1024x1024

Releasing Thursday 10/25 @ 8PM EDT!

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/loop-2020-yoyo-by-yoyofactory
https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/loop-2020-parts-by-yoyofactory

4 Likes

Cool!

All the adjustable parts look aimed at tuning sleep time vs. response. Which part provides adjustable weight (without affecting, say, the response)?

1 Like

I think the weight stays the same no matter what part you put in it. The different parts also affect whether you loop up or down, sleep time, response, and what string you should use.

1 Like

I saw “weight” mentioned, but didn’t see it called out in the diagram, hence my confusion.

1 Like

Yeah I just misread something while editing the description. Weight is not adjustable at this time. Description fixed.

1 Like

Technically each component (Axle, Spacer, and Response) will all have an effect on both response and sleep time - but even more than that - its overall ‘control’ and ‘trajectory’.

The idea that is so exciting here - is with all of the combinations of parts - we can really find a preference that works perfectly for us. And then ‘share’ that with the world to use/learn on.

The standard configuration is honestly rock solid - #2 axle, #2 spacer, #2 response. But it is neat that by referencing the numbers you can build yours to play ‘exactly’ like what Shu used on stage (which has an extremely FAST loop).

2 Likes

Is there much of a difference between the LED clear/black and the orange? I’d like to order a pair and since the LED comes with the full set of extra parts that’s the pair I’d like to order. I’m just wondering if they play the same as I assume the weight is a bit different.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they designed the LED caps to be the same weight so the regular caps. Shouldn’t be any weight difference, but i’ll assemble one later and check.

3 Likes

I kinda wish YYF would just simplify this for everyone and provide all the replaceable parts in every 2020 they sell. The main selling point of this model is its customizability, but you only get that benefit if you have the other parts.

The LED version also does come with one of each type of part.

2 Likes

YYF did say that the 2020 is for experienced players and recommend the 720 for starters. In my mind the 2020 is for when you know exactly what you want in a 2a yoyo rather then experimenting to see what works best.

1 Like

Sure, but can you really know for sure which parts “your setting” will require until you try them?

I have a pair of 720s right now and am planning on getting a pair of 2020s once I am comfortable competing in a competition. My plan is to set up the 2020s to as close as I can get them to the 720s

Are the size 2 starbursts with the size 2 spacers and the size 2 axle the closest match to a 720?

I’m not sure
I do have red spacers in mine so I would assume that the more responsive spacers are needed. I’m buying the clear with black caps either way though because I want the LEDs

Has YYF indicated if/when there will be more colorways for the 2020?

1 Like