Loop Knot Preferences

Am I the only weirdo that is picky about where I have my knot for the loop in my string? When I first started again, I noticed the yoyofactory whip came with a knot that sat perfectly at the bottom of my finger. Not to mention, I used that super short string before I had any more string ha. I’ve recently been messing around with where I prefer it. It seems in some positions the knot won’t stay tight when snap starting. I also am picky about feeling knots pinned between my finger and the sides of the yoyo. Does anyone else.do this?

1 Like

The slipknot or the knot from the tied loop? I can’t figure out exactly what you mean.

2 Likes

I mean the knot for the initial loop. The knot where the initial loop determines where exactly it will end up in the slip knot. I didn’t describe that part well.

I should add it also has to do with the size of the loop more so. Should have mentioned that in my initial post.

2 Likes

Usually ends up here. I always tie the initial loop about a half inch above my first knuckle around the pointer finger of my non throw hand. Not a very big loop.

1 Like

If the loop is slipping and you’re not using a really slick string like full woolly nylon or something, it might be because you’re putting your finger into the slip knot from the wrong side. The double string “loop” side should be on the right side of your finger (assuming you’re right handed), if it’s not the slipknot will freely slide around your finger instead of being pulled tighter when you throw a breakaway.

3 Likes

Wow I been curious about that. I thought it had to do with the size of my loop I’m gonna have to try it out. Thanks. I still am picky about my loop size/where my knot is. Haha