1A/2A poll: Where on your finger do you put the loop?

This thread got me wondering: Looking at all the tutorials and other good throwers’ videos, it seems like most people put the string loop on the middle bone of their middle finger. I have to put the loop on the proximal bone, near the joint with the middle bone or the string feels like it’s going to come off. Where do you put the string?
Hand
I know the above was asked already, but just wondering how people keep the string on if it feels like it’s going to come off?
2014 thread about this question.

1 Like

I think I’ve single slipknotted in the middle of my finger forever and had the yoyo come off my finger like twice over the years. Never really had that problem

So the “string about to fly off” feeling is something I never experienced until I started using all these newfangled synthetic only strings, so I do a double slipknot and that string is not going anywhere.

I did originally place the string on the proximal bone area but someone told me I’d have more control of the string and flexibility at the medial so I changed and haven’t looked back since 98.

2 Likes

Looping was also a big part of “1A” at the time so this may have been part of that thinking.

1 Like

I only use it on the proximal bone

1 Like

Yeah I now believe it comes down to personal preference. But when an older better kid at yoyo club made the recommendation, I listened.

1 Like

Here’s your answer

5 Likes

When I put the string on my finger after a few tricks or after a hard throw the slip knot is tightening up so hardly that I think that it’s cutting my finger of ( I’m exaggerating here a little bit ). Never had that problem. And about where I wear it I always change between the middle bone and between the space between the middle and the 3 bone ( closest to your hand)

1 Like

Middle finger, midway on the medial. Single loop slip knot, no problem with slipping off. String varies between 100 cotton, slick 6/8 (50%cotton, 50%poly,) 100% poly.

3 Likes

I put it around my wrist

4 Likes

I’m about to try this.

1 Like

Upper medial for me. Started at the upper proximal and heard upper medial gave you better control especially with looping.
Standard slip knot. I put the loop side of the knot toward my pinky for 1A and loop towards the thumb for 2A.
Cotton is grippy, polyester is slicker, and nylon feels like I have grease on my hand. Coban with nylon strings is like riding in a luxury car.
The Coban/finger wrap stuff works really well. When I started playing again it really hurt so I used it but only once my finger started to bother me. Now I only need it if I play for over an hour.

1 Like

I loop and I found that with the loop at my upper medial, I have less control. The middle medial portion I found to have the most control.

I keep my slip knot on the middle medial, slip knot facing the thumb for all styles of play.

The slightly bigger part is where I put my slip knot.

2 Likes

I have my slipknot at the very top of my medial bone. I just make sure that my string is tight and it never feels like it will fly off.

1 Like

Yoyo forums are the only place you can get away with a photo of the middle finger like that, lol

I always thought that the string is properly played with down to the distal knuckle on the middle finger. Anything else is wrong.

3 Likes