Looks like Paul went west

The man, the legend gone just like that.
I don’t have words. Miss you Buddy.

32 Likes

one of the founders of modern 1a gone in an instant. was literally just watching “Wish We Were At Worlds” last night…

14 Likes

I’m going to get a large pizza right now.

11 Likes

Paul Escolar>

Incredible yo-yo skills far ahead of time. Paul was outstanding at doing complex tricks on the most basic of yoyos. No titanium, no V shapes, no hot rod bearings, no ‘rim weight’, no wiiide gaps, no magical specialized string, etc…

Amazing design talents… top shelf sense of humor. Stepped up to help Judge at countless Contests. Had excellent communication skills. Never gave off any vibes about being any better than others. Would offer to help even if you didn’t ask. Paul always felt better if those around were doing well.

I make no claims that I knew him better or liked him more than anybody. He was on friendly terms with hundreds of people all over the planet Earth.

I have something in common with an entire Community of people that called him ‘friend’.

We all know that there is one less integral part of the Structure known as Modern 1A yoyo.

We also know his Amazing Yoyo trick videos will keep him and his mad skills fresh in our minds for many years.

Pretty sad news…

RIP… Brutha…

32 Likes

Rest easy Paul. I always looked up to you.

13 Likes

What?!?!? :sob:

7 Likes
18 Likes

RIP Paul Escolar, Green Triangles forever

18 Likes

Not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning…

Many in the yoyo world know of Paul Escolar for his yoyo contributions that truly laid the foundations for so much of what we do today. But beyond yoyo tricks Paul was a genuine soul who was a friend to so many.

Paul was one of the first people I can ever say truly accepted me as a young kid going to spindox and every year always supported me in my yoyoing and weird phases as I found myself going through life. I will always remember him being one of the first to come up to me after freestyles and compliment me even when I felt like I had failed, and I will always remember him being one of the first to congratulate me after I won nationals in 2017. Always remember his disaproval for my dislike of pizza and always jokingly finding me to show pizza to my face, I have so many fond memories of just kicking back and talking at spindox meets and at other events and I’m torn up knowing those can’t happen again.

Rip to one of my All time favorite people in the world.thank you for always accepting me and supporting me from day 1.

22 Likes

What happened? Sad news. Paul’s a yoyoing legend.

RIP cool kid

15 Likes

We have lost a true legend of yoyo today as Paul Escolar has left our realm.

Modern yoyo has forever been touched and shaped by the genius that is Paul’s tricks and innovation. Kamikaze, Green Triangle, White Buddha, Magic Drop, Suicide Catch, and the list could go on… we owe Paul a great deal for many of our foundations in mounts, tech, and flow.

Life of the party is also an understatement. Paul was THE PARTY and you couldn’t help but just smile being around him. Smart, hilarious, and so genuinely kind and caring at the same time. It will be hard getting used to what a west coast yoyo contest will be now without his presence.

Brilliant artist with the cleanest line art - always keeping an amazing balance of humor and thought provocativeness and many logos you know and love in yoyo.

There were so many angles to this amazing guy and we will miss the hole he leaves in our community but we celebrate all the contributions he leaves that will continue to make us smile.

Pictured are the trading cards we ran in our YoYoExpert trading card series in honor of Paul. 2013 Legend Card (was a cool lenticular card too) and Green Triangle trick series card with art by Jason Week. He also did one of my favorite YoYoExpert specific graphics with our retro kid logo we have run on stickers and shirts. Thank you for everything Paul! :heart:

38 Likes

i’m
sorry to
all
folks who lost a friend and loved one, and our community that lost a legend behind it.

14 Likes

Trully a sad news for us in this yoyo community. I don’t know him personally, but i understand how massive his contributions in modern yoyoing. His legacy will continue to live on!

@YoYoExpert now i want that Paul trading card… i have some cards, but no Paul on them :sob:

10 Likes

I might have extras of it, I’ll have to look through my extra cards. If I’ve got a number I can even send them back to @YoYoExpert so they can include them with any orders that want them. Just a thought.

4 Likes

The world and yoyoing have lost a truly creative soul.

Life is short. Hold the people in your life close, don’t neglect to tell them how much you care, and enjoy the time you have together because we never know when this ride will end.

I’ll raise a glass to Paul this evening and another to all of those who are missing him.

9 Likes

Dude… I have no words. Holy crap. R.I.P. Pizza Poppa :pensive:

If you were fortunate enough to be throwing when Paul first hit the scene, you know what kind of a splash he made. It’s truly heartbreaking to hear this news. He was such an influential and innovative player.

8 Likes

Breakfast of Champions!

4 Likes

DCW Profile - Paul Escolar - YouTube

3 Likes