A Tribute to Paul Escolar

Hello friends. Today we lost Mr. Escolar. I never got to meet the guy, but I always wished I could have. And of course, I felt his influence every day.

So today I made a tribute video to him, tracing all my green triangle tricks from the start. You can see little Robin putting in his hours of practice, up until a trick I made a couple weeks ago.

And the whole time, Paul’s ideas are there.

If you guys have any tricks influenced by him, throw them here.

Rest easy, sir.

43 Likes

Thanks for that. Your progress and improvement over the years is evident. Really liked the glow string shots.

7 Likes

That is shocking and a huge loss to yoyoing. We should all take a moment after every magic drop, green triangle or suicide catch to dedicate to his memory.

10 Likes

That was kind of my idea with this video.
I owe him a lot.

Throughout a lot of my life, his ideas have been with me, through the thick and thin.

9 Likes

Not only a nice guy it seems but modern 1a players would be walking the dog considering his trick creations.
He deserves all the hyperboles and may he keep throwing up on high.
RIP.

9 Likes

Lovely tribute. Rip Paul.

7 Likes

Hey guys, Anybody knows where I can buy Paul Escolar’s “Dunkan Cool Kids Yo-yo”? I really need to buy one, thanks let me know ASAP

4 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/K69uD1jdwOQ?feature=share

Here is orange tulips I have had this on my to do list for awhile but I never got around to it until Paul died . Still a bit choppy but wanted to post as a tribute .

3 Likes

Appreciate that man, Thank you. In behalf of Paul’s family.

3 Likes