Looking for new throw

Hi all, after years without getting new yoyos i finally back into business and looking for a new throw. At the moment i own yyf check point, yyf edge (original one) c3 Radius, yyr Draupnir and POM Draupnir.
Since i like competition oriented yoyos i was oriented into a c3 Hydrogen crash at first cause i want a wider yoyo but since i like both H and round shape im openminded to new tips…yes…i like speedy oriented ones but im fascinated to get one with different caracteristic…for sure…i want lot of stability and spintime…if it can also accelerate (better)…some one told me about Duncan GTR-JS…sound interesting…im even looking into the new YYF MIRACLE but i cant find any review about it.
Hope u can bring me into a decision finally.

3 Likes

Hydrogen crash is very good, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I’ve also been really enjoying the Thesis x Good Life Callisto recently, both of them are wide without being too wide and perform great. I think the Hydrogen Crash performs better in terms of Spintime/Stability, but the Callisto is definitely more fun/unique and a bit easier to maneuver.

1 Like

Nucleon is my Rec it feels like cheating

1 Like

If you are interested in the hydrogen crash I’d also look at Monarch.

Thanks for the advice but since i’m looking for wider ones nucleon its in the normal range…and sice i own a draupnir it looks a bit copium (i know that on string they surely feels different) but i think if i need to stay in that width range i’ll probably chose the new YYR miura signature (Autoscopy) with that spec. But surely the price point of the nucleon its impressive.

2 Likes

Aight gotchu missed the width part…good for stability and spintime and also zips around pretty good but yah not the widest… other people here got you though probably

1 Like

No problem man! With that width i have her majesty the Draupnir :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anyone could give me any opinion on the Miracle from yoyofactory?

If u r looking for performance focused stuff, Hydrogen Crash, Iceberg, Monarch, GTR JS, IQ, Tachyon, Graviton, Hummingbird, Peregrine r some good reccs.

1 Like

Japan technology fractal is like an evolved draupnir

1 Like

My first thought was to go with Hydrogen…but im stuck at the point i dont know if its better to go with the WIDER “more of the same” like the crash or switching feels with something “different” in shape and feeling…JT Fractal surely will be awesome but didnt match the wider spec at all…and withmy restricted collection…adding a draupnir+ sounds a bit like a waste…maybe in the future! Im kinda confused by those lack of information about top line yoyos like the miracle…at 150 bucks im kinda curious if it’s the “marketing factor 1a champs” or it is kinda good by itself

1 Like

I think in general, knowing the style of who’s signature Yoyo you’re considering can tell you a lot about what the Yoyo is designed for like the miracle is mir and Miri Kim’s signature and they do lots of meta tricks and risky bangers I think

Like they want the extra width with the big catch zone because they do all this crazy behind the back stuff vs like the wish by clyw for zach gormley who does dense tech is like .2’’ less wide because the extra width makes tech harder

1 Like

You are totally right…but it’s because of that that im courious about it…looking at both the Kim they do lots of hooks…rolling and slack tricks…where the yoyo seems to be perfectly immobile with crazy stability…then all of a sudden they accelerate into speed tech combo involving chopsticks and so on… they do not seem to regen so often so it surely have crazy spintime…catch zone really forgiving and it can accelerate and change direction…but they are the Kims…im not the wyyc so maybe they cam get a 3 bucks yoyo and smash almost the same things :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, the player totally does make the yoyo. I bet they would be amazing with a 3$ yoyo. Helps me to see what they want in terms of specs for their yoyo though. Just something I like to think about when considering a yoyo to buy.

Also, most 1a yoyos aren’t regen focused because yoyos that are good at regens are less stable by their very nature. If you want it to flip over, extra rim weight and width hinder that. ime

1 Like