Good Yoyos

So I just want to know if you guys have any really good unresponsive yo-yo recommendations.

2 Likes

You’ll have to be more specific. Every yoyo I pick up is good simply because it exists and my sanity doesn’t.

What are you looking for? Pocketability? Performance? Availability? Price/performance?

6 Likes

ok, sorry so what i am looking for is:1a, unresponsive, power, and stability if you know what i mean.

hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nucleon for performance to value ratio

4 Likes

I would recommend the yoyofriends nucleon as well, absolutely great yoyo for the price.

4 Likes

Other than the Nucleon there is the Emotion, ReCognition, Pheasant Mono.

There are a lot of good leads here:

1 Like

For the record I don’t own this yoyo, I’m just going off of what other very reputable people in the community have said and recommended. But the GTR-JS from Duncan is supposed to be the cream of the crop in terms of a pure performance throw, if that’s what you’re after.

In terms of what I actually have to recommend, Duncan Barracuda is crazy good for the price, Grasshopper GTX is fantastic and will handle almost anything you throw at it, Legato 2 from General Yo is also just all around very good.

2 Likes

+1

Absolutely the best all around performance throw in my opinion. It’s a preference thing of course… but it sure does seem to fit a hell of a lot of peoples preferences.

I recommend it all the time on this forum, but for good reason. Haven’t come across anyone who didn’t think it was awesome.

6 Likes

This is one of the reputable people I was referring to! Spence knows his ish

3 Likes

Regarding the pure performance, I recommend palpitation es from tp - even it is inner rim, its spin power is powerful enough to do some long combos and the accuracy of movement is insane. However due to less stock it is hard to get it so if you want new one, and I recommend Hinemosu from TP or Sword Master from YJ (Sword Master is not on sale in YYE ):slight_smile:
But if you like light one, then just think these in second option :wink:

2 Likes

Sorta depends on how much you’re looking to spend. The iyoyo Shooting Star is a great performer for about $30, and at that price point the yoyofriends Shortcut is also supposed to be excellent - if you don’t own many (or any) unresponsive yoyos yet, either of those would be a great place to start.

The other guys in this thread have good suggestions for everything up to about $120, so I’ll just say that the Turning Point Collapsar and MSG are two of the most powerful, stable yoyos I’ve ever used. They’re heavy (76g & 70g, respectively) and generally not cheap, but if you’re after power and stability I think it’d be hard to do better.

3 Likes

So sorry for not replying sooner to this thread. Thank you to everyone who posted, I learned about a ton of new throws!

I ended up buying a TP hinemosu, my god its good! And I still am waiting on my Evo (shipping is taking forever)

With those two throws on hand, Ill just use my butter as my beater. I think ive spent enough on throws for little while lol…

5 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the UNPRLD Recognition

3 Likes

Spence at this point I am not even sure if the GTR-JS is only a preference, this yoyo is just 100% great I would say even insane, from when I bought it I throw it everyday, I think it really tick all the boxes for performance but also comfort, you can play as much horizontal as you want even behind the back is just stable, is fast, nimble, powerful, amazing presence on the string but also can be used for more chill play, is absolutely one of the most complete yoyos I have played in all those years of throwing so much that I was thinking to take another one, other than be a beast is also very beautiful.
I am not sure if Duncan can pass itself after this one, I can’t imagine anything that can play better than this, imagine I never really been a fan of Duncan, now I am a fan of Duncan.

8 Likes

Yeah they def popped off when they made it lol. I personally haven’t seen a throw as universally well loved by those who try/own it since I’ve gotten back into throwing. I know this is a crazy statement, but it’s been some time now, so I can feel confident in saying that I do truly think it’s the best “all around” performance throw ever made up to this point. The amount of top level players using it too (at Nats for example) just further solidifies my thoughts on it (cause it’s one thing to have your own opinion on something, but when people who are better than you’ll ever be share it… it feels good lmao).

4 Likes

Imagine that I am fighting with myself on spend those 140$ for the version with the black rims that is my favourite one (also with the sick Evangelion references) and maybe sell the red one I have or keep them both, this is how good I find this yoyo as I never spend so much money on a single one. I see at the USA nats so many people using it on stage and I can see on instagram as well other than the team, as you said is the best “all around”, I was thinking to take a new grasshopper or the orbital but I do not think it make sense when I have already this one, the post is about good yoyos but I think this one is the definition of greatness, now I have to keep internally fight with myself about buy this second one ahahahah

3 Likes

Have you tried the regular GTR yet? I think it’s a super nice contrast to the JS. While I don’t use my Grasshopper very much compared to either the GTR or JS (and having tried it, wouldn’t use the new one either), the GTR is an awesome way to get a lot of the great aspects I love about the JS but with more control due to the increased weight. If I were in your shoes, I’d rather have one GTR and one JS as opposed to two JS’s, the slight difference in feels is nice and sometimes I prefer one over the other. I’d think you’d really like it, and would recommend picking one of those up (cause like I said, I pick up both quite a bit more than the Grasshopper - I just think they’re better).

But yeah man… I feel you for sure. Every time I pick up the JS I’m like… “Damn dude… I can’t believe throws have gotten this good, this is fasho the best yoyo I own”

5 Likes

Do you think the js is better than the gtr?
if so how much better? do you think the js is worth the extra money?
thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

what website did you get them from?

1 Like

JS is available rn on this site.

2 Likes