Top sub $100 throws?

I hope you dont mind another comparison thread… I realize that I dont know much about sub $1000 throws, ive never read reviews or given them any time of day.

Ill be placing an order soon for some string, possibly a bearing uograde (if it would make a difference in the play of a sub $100.

Given the cost of shipping, and that Id like a throw for when Im climbing mountains, backpacking, maybe on campus between classes, I thought it only makes sese to add a throw into the order.

I guess Ill be looking at plastic or delrin vs mononetal?

I really enjoy my butter, I loved a collapsar I wish I didnt sell (albeit I was playing my butter more and more due to the speed and agility)

Stability and power are my big wants, makes hard or long tricks easier for a newbie.

Could you list the top 5 performers under $100usd? That should give me a great place to start my research.

And would any of them perform as well as the butter? Or will I have to sacrafice some performance with a cheaper throw?

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Yoyofriends Nucleon is an amazing Yoyo for 80$ super powerful and stable and I like how it binds. nothing you can’t find in other yo-yos but definitely checks all the boxes at a good price. I also beat mine up a ton like spiked it into the floors/walls and it’s fine no vibe the bimetal rings are set in a good way. And ask about yo-yos all you want lol

I also know you can get really good playing yo-yos for like very cheap if you go Mono metal but I’m spoiled and like the feel of bimetals like my monos are all fun but for absolutely max power and stability, mono can’t do what bimetal can

5 Likes

Second the Nucleon for the power/price ratio.

1 Like

SHURIKEN ROPPO is my favorite affordable throw right now - $38 and stands up to throws 2 times the price.

1 Like

Dynames is phenomenal for the price. I genuinely feel u r missing out if u havent played with a dynames. Its such a goated yoyo, my fav mono easily.

1 Like

Cant beat this one, players say it is in the same niche as OD draup but is like half the price. Crazy cost to performance ratio, also its yyfr so u can be assured its good quality.

2 Likes

If that is the case most of the suggestions i have will cost you a lot less.

Plastic my favorite yoyos are the iYoyo shooting star and the Luftwerk Fulvia plastic.

Each can be had for less than $35

If you want a budget throw that will take a beating and keep going…for 100 you can buy 7 MagicYoyo N12 Sharks Honor which has a lot of power and stability. Other good options from that brand are the Y01 Node and the Y03 hertz.

If you don’t mind spending a little bit more the yoyofactory Kapital, Spotlight and Element are all some of my favourite monometal yoyos.

If you want something bigger in the hand have a look at the Recess Triple Double.

If you want to do Fingerspins (shooting star is great for this but if you want another option) the new Outlier Cheatcode is the thing you want.

3 Likes

The IQ is supposed to be excellent.
You can get them for $99.99 at Yoyofactory

5 great plastic and mono that I’m enjoying right now would probably be the canon, bolt, plastic fluvia and 000 and the cheat code. They all kind of play a little different snd they where fairly cheap which is great. That doc pop bolt is just fun to toss around.

4 Likes

Third for the Nucleon!

2 Likes

Emotion of you want a mono. Monarch for hybrid. Curveball bimetal would be an edge.

5 Likes

Awesome options guy’s, thank you!

How about a monometal? Ive never played one.

Ive been reading, and ive been seeing the
Shutter jds
Shutter wide angle
R-type

Which of the three would you feel performs the best?

I just looked this up, I dig it! Sounds like its one of the top mono metals?

Any need to upgrade the bearing?

How would it compare to the R-type or shutter line?

1 Like

Monometal? I love my Sengoku Ashigaru which is in the 50-60 range. I also have the YoyoFactory Genesis 2023 (50) and its not as comfortable as the Ashigaru to my hand but the thing feels so powerful. Onedrop Wyvern is my other thats in this price range I think they have a couple colors at YYE still, that one is so smooth and feels great on the string. Pretty stable too especially for coming with a flat bearing.

3 Likes

Less powerful/inertia feeling but nimbler. Gingie compares it to the JT Shutter in his review if you go on YouTube

I guess I need a dynames lol like I don’t want to be missing out

@hobbygod (Dressel Designs) Emotion - 100%

2 Likes

@hobbygod (Dressel Designs) Emotion & Monarch - 100%

ftfy

1 Like

My best throw under $100 was St.Elmo from TP, the monometal version of palpitation(but more similar to colony which was based of palpitation)

And second was Lapaz from YJ, which is almost half of the price compared with St.Elmo
Although it could be different preference, I liked these 2 the best.

3 Likes

I can’t comment on any of those YYF monos, but here are some others to consider in addition to the excellent Emotion:

After playing those (and the Emotion), I have recently been pretty happy with:

There’s really a pretty good variety – so much that you can kind of take you pick based on shape.

3 Likes