H shape yoyo recommendations?

Im paying a bit more attention to my yoyo collection shaoes and I dont have a particularly good H shape. Only one I have is a plastic crystal yoyo from MagicYoyo, which feels really nice in the hand but is far from a great shape representative.

Any suggestions y’all recommend? Budget is flexible. Lets say $130 or less (I problaly wont spend that much but would definitely not spend more lol).

2 Likes

I’ve only played two hard H-shapes. The first was the YJYoyo Time Slip, which is a pretty average monometal - not bad, but definitely not great. The other is a b-grade Hybrid Fulvia that I got last night, and that thing is crazy! It’s a serious performer that feels really interesting (unlike anything else I’ve thrown), but it does get fatiguing after a while. I can give more detail on how they play if desired.

I’ve been thinking about trying an Edge Beyond at some point, if that counts (not sure the Hybrid Fulvia counts, for that matter). It seems like wide-rim Vs and even some Ws are being called Hs.

2 Likes

Noema’s pretty good from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

Hydrogen crash and plasma crash by c3 are both really good. The hydrogen crash is larger, lighter and faster. It’s great for horizontal tricks and zoning. The plasma crash is a smaller, a bit heavier, and much more powerful. Although it’s not as fast or as good for horizontal tricks, it’s no slouch in those departments either. I prefer the plasma crash over the two just because I feel it’s more versatile.

3 Likes

The iYoYo Firrox is very interesting since it a hard H but plays very “elegant” which is somehow special I think to H shapes.
If you like something more blocky/solid OD Burnside is nice.
And many more haha just some examples which are both H but very contraire.

2 Likes

You may enjoy The Guitarist by RCS, or Elevated by Motion (dropping soon on YYE).

2 Likes

If you haven’t played Shutter Wide Angle (wangle) then this is a must! Hands down, my favorite, “do it all” H shape. So fun to play!

2 Likes

Boom goes the dynamite.

Elevated - Motion

(Of course I am going to be bias)

16 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I’d say just about anything from c3 and topyo. You could get one good h shape from both companies with that budget

1 Like

H shape is my favorite shape personally, so you know I put my heart into this one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Onedrop Burnside.

Can’t wait til mine lands in the UK :call_me_hand:t5:
I’m on tour for a couple days but it’s due Tomoro :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OP, I’ve always loved YYF superstars! It’s not an extreme H though. I’ve got an OG and the new finger spin run. Check em out

2 Likes

I know I am so loving my Parallel.

8 Likes

The specs are a bit unorthodox but the Blur Autoscopy by YYR is a great throw - very powerful while still feeling approachable and comfortable on the string.

YYF Horizon

Hydrogen Crash by C3 is my favorite yoyo in general, let alone my favorite H shape. C3 has mastered the H-shaped yoyo in general so you really can’t go wrong with any of their choices. I also second anything from the Motion brand. If you want a rounded H shape I also recommend the Mowl M+, which is on the heavier and smaller side.

1 Like

One Drop Aitch, YYF Horizon, Iyoyo Iceberg or Firrox all good H options.

1 Like

Everything above are all great options, but also the Scintillator is another great choice as well! - Extreme H-Shape Mono that doesn’t break the bank either! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if you find one, a hspin envy or an envy 64 :slight_smile:
literally H-shape :rofl: