Looking for first metal...

I’ve been looking (and SAVING) for my first metal, but am stuck on what to get. I’ve got a Dark Magic, Legacy and Mini Motu and love them all, but I’d like to try my hand at another brand. There are just SO many out there now I don’t know where to start. I’d also like to know any opinions on the YYJ Trinity. Thanks for any input.

(Jesse) #2

You don’t really HAVE to branch out to other brands. The DV888 is a VERY GOOD first metal yo-yo (and very good metal yo-yo for anybody). Trust me, you will like the DV888 almost no matter what, especially if it’s your first metal.

The YYJ Trinity is a very great throw also. I had a chance to try one, it plays super nice. It grinds pretty well, too. If you like the Legacy and DM, then the Trinity is also a great choice.

Other great choices include the California or 44. Both are great throws.

I really recommend the DV888 though, it’s an amazing throw and…just trust me, you’ll like it.

DV888: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/34/YYF-DV888

I was thinking about the DV888 but was a little discouraged by the size. I think it may be too small. I’m not sure I’d like it as much as something with a little more diameter. I know my Mini Motu is a hair smaller but it’s the least favorite of my yoyos.