Looking for first metal...

I’ve been looking (and SAVING) for my first metal, but am stuck on what to get. I’ve got a Dark Magic, Legacy and Mini Motu and love them all, but I’d like to try my hand at another brand. There are just SO many out there now I don’t know where to start. I’d also like to know any opinions on the YYJ Trinity. Thanks for any input.

You don’t really HAVE to branch out to other brands. The DV888 is a VERY GOOD first metal yo-yo (and very good metal yo-yo for anybody). Trust me, you will like the DV888 almost no matter what, especially if it’s your first metal.

The YYJ Trinity is a very great throw also. I had a chance to try one, it plays super nice. It grinds pretty well, too. If you like the Legacy and DM, then the Trinity is also a great choice.

Other great choices include the California or 44. Both are great throws.

I really recommend the DV888 though, it’s an amazing throw and…just trust me, you’ll like it.

DV888: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/34/YYF-DV888

1 Like

I was thinking about the DV888 but was a little discouraged by the size. I think it may be too small. I’m not sure I’d like it as much as something with a little more diameter. I know my Mini Motu is a hair smaller but it’s the least favorite of my yoyos.