Looking for a yoyo in the $100 range

Just looking for a new throw to buy.
What are your thoughts on the following yoyos.

*SF Bliss
*UNPRLD Flashback
*G2 Banshee
*OD VTWO
*2Sick x Unspoken Decoy
*Smashing x Scales Float
*OD Kuntosh 5000QV
*CLYW Borealis
*Yoyo Friends Magpie
*G2 Elite 2018

3 Likes

My thoughts are:

• Banshee - Fanastic yoyo if you can manage to get one. You’ll have to make that a part-time job.
  • VTWO - Currently my favorite yoyo. But only after swapping out the stock (flat) bearing.
  • Decoy - Looks really good but I don’t know where you can even get one.
  • Kuntosh 5000QV - Another fantastic yoyo, but good luck finding one. You’ll have to troll B/S/T for one.
4 Likes

The Banshee has been at the top of my invisible yoyo list for a while now

2 Likes

I have no experience with any of these yoyos, but I hear that the VTWO is very good.

Some of those are too new for people to have informed opinions about.

But the two in that list which are discussed the most are Banshee and Bliss, so I’d prioritize those personally.

1 Like

Sf Bliss and cadence is by far my first recommendation because it suits any style well
Float in the raw colorway looks amazing. But only if you like SUPERRR light yoyos
Magpie is like a cadence but wider and I feel like it has a wider trapeze width but I’m not sure.
VTWO does not feel like a regular onedrop; it plays like a clyw compass or any other clyw
Flashback has a narrow trapeze width for tight binds but not so good for any dense tech
Borealis plays just like any other clyw.
I’ve actually never tried a Banshee before.

1 Like

I’m sensing some shade being thrown here :wink:

I kinda agree with this actually, I wish clyw did more to make their yo-yos more different from each other. That said, sasquatch 2018 and gorge and pickaxe, those are quite unique!

1 Like

I don’t a clyw or OD and have never play a yoyo from either company so I don"t know how there yoyos play. maybe you can compare the throws to a yyf. I only have YYF made stuff because I live in AZ and stop by their HQ to try yoyos before buying them

Snag yourself a Banshee (if you can).

1 Like

B18. Diamond blasted if you like solid colors :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well, I guess companies like one drop and clyw originally wanted to create yo-yos with their own unique feel to them. I guess it was kind of a tradition in a sense. With that said, I believe all their throws are really good (In fact, many of their throws are in my top 20 favorites) they just have the same…feel to them.

1 Like

How much smoother is the Diamond blast then normal?

The yo-yo overall isn’t smoother but it’s like going from a low thread count sheet to the highest.

2 Likes

B18s made earlier this year have the pyramatte finish, yes?

No, we always bead blast over that

1 Like

OD VTWO is superb.

1 Like

I would recommend the V2 OD…but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t include the Elite!?

I have so many bimetals and have already gotten great feedback for the elite and it is only a matter of time before I get one. I will absolutely pick one up if Jake does the red blue face again(no white swirl)

I am sharing you the names of yoyos:-

1.Ex-Machina.
2.FIRROX.
3.Cascade.

2 Likes

Yes, FIRROX is fantastic.

2 Likes