Looking for a yoyo buddy or mentor

Hey, first of all let me introduce myself.
I’m Tobian, I’m 26 years old and live in The Netherlands.
I started yoyo’ing about 3 months ago and haven’t had a day without play! :smiley:

One thing I noticed I lacked, was someone to share my yoyo enthousiasm and progress with, other then a few ‘that’s cool’ from my friends.

I’m looking a yoyo friend that’s either quite good (as a mentor), or someone that’s on the same level as me so we can progress together. The way to communicate is up to you, something like Whatsapp or Skype should be fine.

I filmed a 5 minute training session where I show most of the tricks I learned so far to see where i’m at skill-wise. I forgot some tricks and the angle isn’t that great but you get the gist of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to hearing from someone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello! I’m Mark, from the USA. I started yo-yoing 7 months ago, in February. I don’t use Skype much but I’ll follow this thread! What tricks are you working on now? I think around this time I was working on Cold Fusion and Matrix.

1 Like

I think a better option would be to learn as much from as many people as possible so you will have a wider range of opinions. Cool idea and i’m sure that there are many people here that will help you with any questions you have.

I just learned very cool trick that is pretty easy and very fun that i think you will enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response!
I’ve been all over the place when it comes to learning tricks. I don’t even know what half of my tricks are called. The problem is not just learning tricks, it’s the yoyo communication/interaction that goes with it. A hobby is twice the amount of fun when you can share it with someone and motivate each other.

Thanks for the Shooting Star Trick though, that is indeed a very cool trick that I will start practicing right away!:wink:

2 Likes

Hey Mark! Thanks for your response :smiley:
I think I’ll shoot a 5 minute un-cut video today of me practicing. This way everyone can get a better idea of me and my tricks & style.

3 Likes

I’m looking for someone to connect with as well! I had a friend who loved to yoyo, but got out of it after I took a small break. I’ve been yoyoing for 6 years on and off now, am starting my own yoyo company (hopefully sooner rather than later), live in British Columbia, and am 16 years old. So the age Gap and timezones might be a problem, but I would still be interested in connecting whenever we can!

1 Like

I filmed a 5 minute training session where I show most of the tricks I learned so far to see where i’m at skill-wise. I forgot some tricks and the angle isn’t that great but you get the gist of it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hit return, paste the link, and then hit return again, so that it is on a line of it’s own.

1 Like

The link doesn’t look like it’s valid.

1 Like

Yeah that YouTube link is not to a valid video?

1 Like

Fixed the video! :smiley: Hurray!

1 Like

Nice job! that’s a lot further along than I was at 3 months.
P.S Is the Rainfly good? i have seen it around but never gotten to try one.

2 Likes

Nice job dude! I’ve been going a couple months longer (about 5 or 6 now) and there’s some tricks in there I haven’t learned yet.

1 Like

I think you’re doing really well! I like that speed combo you had towards the beginning.

1 Like

Thanks guys, means alot! ^^
I’ve been yoyo’ing for about 30 to 60 minutes every day to achieve this. And another 30 to 60 minutes watching yoyo videos and browsing forums.
I’m almost at a point where I can start combining tricks, which is really fun :smiley:

Anybody got any helpful critiques? What should I improve upon? Technique, style, speed, posture, etc?

@JWaugh I don’t have that many yoyo’s yet to compare it to, only 1 other Bi-Metal, 1 Mono-Metal and a plastic. But for the price, this bi-metal is amazing! bought it for 50 euro on aliexpress, plus it came with 20 strings, 2 gloves, an amazing ceramic concave bearing, and an extra standard 8ball bearing. As for playstyle, it feels powerful, really stable but not as speedy/floaty though.

@MarkD This is the speed combo, though mine is not as speedy yet haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say work on getting into your mounts right from your throw, and, now that you have a decent number of tricks, start working on putting together multiple tricks.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, I’ll have to practice my throw abit more. My side throws are still abit inconsistent so that’s a basic I should master :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response, but sure we can connect! Let me know in a pm what way you prefer to connect ^^