The Yo-yo buddy thread

So on a speedcubing forum I was on, there was a thread called “the buddy thread”. You would match up with someone of your skill level, and then you two would set a goal like being sub 15 seconds on 3x3. It was a really neat way to set goals, to have a push to get better. Now I know most people hear are pretty experienced, but you can still give it a try. If this becomes popular, I will organize the pairs of people and what not on the main post. I’ll start

LIST OF PAIRS:
@Kyle and @PCaliyoyos: Branding weave
@100FatYoyoDads(complete) and @AKYOYOMIKE: 1.0 hook.
@JWaugh, and @shatterFX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVpQQgJGkAw

LIST OF MENTORS:
@AKYOYOMIKE

11 Likes

Thats a solid idea.

These guys have a few ppl who embark on challenges they change weekly. Learning new tricks together and share videos. I already know kwyjibo but i would gladly practice it live on Instagram with you

6 Likes

Like Frankie said, we offer group buddy thread on the link he posted above ^

But our first trick is Kamikaze, so you should jump on board with us when you are ready. We will be waiting and expecting your arrival :slight_smile:

4 Likes

working on negative 1.5 hook, anyone wanna pair?

2 Likes

@100FatYoyoDads what forum is it?

2 Likes

This one

is that an iwasawa hook?

2 Likes

not sure, but it looks fun.

2 Likes

just checked it out, it is called the iwasawa hook (-1.0) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’m trying -1.5, not -1.0, if i’m correct -1.0 is also called reverse hook?

3 Likes

oh! -1.5 does that go around ur th and hook into the yoyo?

2 Likes

i think so, i’ll need to watch a tutorial.

2 Likes

Maybe if there isn’t anyone in someone’s skill level they could be a “mentor”, someone who already knows the trick and helps people who are learning!:grinning:

5 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

do you know of a tutorial for -1.5? i can’t find one.

2 Likes

You guys gonna team up? If so I can put you on the main post

1 Like

its an uncommon trick @YoYoJoe1 made a -2.0 tut, but the only person i’ve seen do a -1.5 is gentry in his rejection fake gt trick.

2 Likes

hey thanks!

2 Likes

@Travelingyoyokid @Legit_yoyostrings looks like it wont be shipped until tommorrow, the mail drop looks empty

2 Likes

any1 else up for a string trade/buying?

1 Like