Looking for a REALLY heavy yo-yo on the cheap side

If there’s one thing I’ve found out about my preference in YoYos, it’s that I LOVE heavy Yoyos. I was thinking about buying the Hades since it was the heaviest yo-yo I knew of, but it was WAY to expensive for me. So now I’m wondering if there was any yo-yo that was really heavy like the Hades, but still affordable? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

You may be able to find a Turning Point Kiwi (monometal version of the Collapsar) used for less than $80, I think I sold mine for $70 a few months back.

6 Likes

The Hades is kind of in a league of its own when it comes to actual heaviness. That being said, you might be able to find a few options on the BST, although my suggestions probably wouldn’t have as much pure performance as a TP type of heavy throw.

• OD Downbeat. SE throw that is 70 grams with Ultralights as its base weight. So, you can definitely crank it up even more, although it would be all centerweight.
  • Look for some older YYJ throws. The more collectible heavy ones like the DMII might be more expensive, but they had plenty of other 67+ gram yoyos in their line-up; hard to remember them all at the moment though.
  • The Spinworthy Steadfast is a recent 70g release that I heard good things about, although they appear to be out of stock now.
4 Likes

Not in the Hades weight class, but 68g+ for under $40

4 Likes

The Aresyoyo NOAS is a cheap (~$10) overweight (85g) monometal, although the weight is more concentrated in the “midship” than the rim.

I’m talking about the original one that looks vaguely like the Magic Yoyo NODE. I don’t know anything about the hubstacked version that looks like a totally different design.

2 Likes

Replay pro is pretty heavy just maybe not the heaviest. It is only 15 bucks tho

3 Likes

Get a OD Rebirth and some heavy side effects.

5 Likes

What kind of price range? A few hades have popped up on bst lately - still pricy, but more affordable.

3 Likes

i saw a collapsar on the bst for 100

2 Likes

Annihilation Mono By Topyo is 68 grams and it is really good for $35

8 Likes

On the cheap in title. Folks start recommending TP throws. Hilarious.

I got a 100g dif e yo monster last year. It’s heavy and fun. Not for everyones liking but it’s a neat yoyo.

4 Likes

actually not tp but
c3 has the bth, it is REALLY heavy

1 Like

My suggestion and only an option
Get a Side Effects OneDrop you really enjoy and get some brass side effects caps, domes or Lego’s and throw it until your finger falls off. It is a workout… I threw my Panorama with Brass side effects flat caps for a few months. When I when back to ultra light side effects in the Panorama. It was a shocking change that made everything I threw feel light and zippy.

3 Likes

Bth is absurdly heavy. I want one but only because it’s absurd lol

2 Likes

I do have some Steadfasts still. It would be $130 shipped though which is not considered cheap. Of you do happen to be interested, PM me.

2 Likes

Honestly just save up for a hades, you won’t regret it.

By far my favourite throw in my collection, there’s nothing else like it

5 Likes

Can anyone recommend a car that has the same luxury feel and drives as beautifully as a Rolls Royce - but costs only $25,000?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Just saw that Save3A has a TitanX for pre-order that might be up your alley.
Looks like it’s going to be a little over 86g at $80 pre-order price.

3 Likes

Really interested in this topic myself. Would love a large diameter, heavy yoyo that’s not three figures. I’m hoping that trend becomes more popular in the near future.