Heavy, Good, and Available?

Hey gang. Looking for a heavy and good throw under $100 available to order now. Think 69g+, but not a novelty. A la that Spinworthy joint what’s name I forgot.

Organic preferred, but I’ll take pretty much any thumper I can get my giant mitts on.

1 Like

Annihilation Mono is very close:

4 Likes

Oh you needs a West Coast by Knotcreators,

Or you could say Best Coast thats also friendly on the wallet. You might have to hit up @JeiCheetah directly.

6 Likes

Would that it were so simple…Love to see a yoyo like that

3 Likes

There’s almost nothing that fits exactly what you’re looking for. Most good 69g+ stuff is either well above your price range (Turning Point bimetals), old and not readily available, or not quite at the weight threshold you want and also not organic.

If you wouldn’t mind going through the BST I think the Mutant DNA could probably be found within your budget and fits nicely as a good ~75g organic. Knowing your yoyo preferences, I think this would probably be your favorite option here. If you don’t mind BSTing, this would be my biggest recommendation.

There’s some stuff like the Annihilation mono, old Silenus, Node, and other good yoyos that are heavier than average, but don’t meet your 69g+ range (and also none of them are organic). I think the Steadfast is a cut above these because its a better use of the weight. These wider yoyos made with less dense alloys need to fill out more weight in the walls instead of just the rims to hit those weights, that’s kinda the issue with TPs heavier monos. If you want heavy for performance reasons, get a Steadfast from Glen or raise your budget slightly to pick up a TP bimetal.

6 Likes

There are also a few Dif-e-yo models that are heavy organics.

If heavy is the top priority

7 Likes

Hey @adamantiumpops, I have an OG OD Downbeat I’d be willing to sell if you are interested. 70ish grams and organic. I can take some pics after work for you if would like.

5 Likes

Yes please! You know where to find me!

I’m on his 'bay page now. How does the monster play? Thinking either that or the Crossbones.

1 Like

I say top priority because heaviness is its most prominent feature. It doesn’t seem to distribute the weight in a way that really juices the spin power, but that could just be my own hesitation to really crank it.

The BTB Tank is more manageable, but overall I think some appreciation for retro yo-yos is required to truly enjoy it. I think these are rooted in an era that I missed.

Edit to add: I bought the Monster mostly for the novelty of the full 100g+ configuration. Trying it now with no weight rings and nylon string, and it is pretty fun. Still heavy but very manageable.

2 Likes

I never thought about the KC west coast as a heavy yoyo but it is one of my favorite organics I own. Yyf Kommune and edgeless aren’t bad either but I don’t think either are available. I also really like my op peach it’s a bit on the big side though and not sure about availability.

I’ve been holding off but getting closer and closer to nabbing a general yo torrent or hattrick but that doesn’t fit the heavy request here either.

4 Likes

If you find or have a duncan raptor, you can pop some metal caps in it. It brings it up to 72g. Its a lot of fun. The caps are not easy to get in and are not coming out once they are in so beware. I realize this doesn’t fit in the available category but you could probably find one pretty cheap.

2 Likes

Well shoot now I want a monster dif e yo…

3 Likes

Well, I’m married, but- Oh, you’re asking about yo-yos.

Ordered a Monster from @Dif-e-Yo

I think I can get my Gravity up around 70G with o-rings and big fun caps…

5 Likes

I have sent some Steadfasts to YYE. They should arrive within a couple of weeks. They are 70g.

9 Likes

Nice! We’ll see what kind of capital I have then.

Here is my Downbeat. Looks like you got yourself sorted out, but it’s available if you’re interested.

9 Likes

DMing

1 Like

It’s here. It’s heavy. It’s exactly what I wanted.

8 Likes

Man selling me on a 100g yoyo over here lol the temptation is high.

1 Like