Looking for a new throw for christmas

if i get it i’ll let you know if i like it

2 Likes

Found a review of it on youtube :slight_smile:

If you search around, you’ll find a lot of love for the throw! Heck even @YoYoExpertGarrett (one of the guys who runs YoYoExpert) himself said it’s one of his faves of the newer Duncans that have come out.

3 Likes

Would look into the galaxy diver

1 Like

I recommend the meerkat. Wide yoyo with a good catch zone that is built for competition. This yoyo binds much snappier than my other yyf too. https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/yoyofactory/products/meerkat-yoyo-by-yoyofactory?variant=31659340562506
If you like the look of the monster edge I also recommend the edge ultimatum. The binds aren’t as snappy as the meerkat, but its crazy wide yet still light at 63.7 grams.
https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/edge-ultimatum-yoyo-by-yoyofactory?variant=32493982842954

3 Likes

I’d recommend TopYo’s bimetals here on YYE. Im super tempted by the Patronus, and I’ve kept my Encores strung up ever since I got it. Dominator is also a solid option and a throw I should give some love to, now that I think about it…

A summer or winter solstice yoyo is pretty good. The summer solstice is for power, and the winter solstice is for speed. There’s a dual pack under your budget with both inside. A replay is pretty cheap considering your budget and you might like it, or a shutter wide angle.
All of them are competition great and an atlas or a canon is great for a lot of stuff.
I would recommend the solstices, an atlas, or a shutter wide angle.

After Gentry with ReplayPro I now believe any yoyo can be competitive…

So I would say Go for Terrarian.

1 Like

Even better, take this Cyber Monday Deals and grab 3 throws instead of one. Hahahaha

i looked at all of those and all of them im gonna get…lol

dominater looks good i looked at the patrounus but…the bind i have heard are pretty slippy

1 Like

meerkat just went on sale bc of cyber monday from 75 to 50!!!

1 Like

Ok, let me ask a few questions

What is your skill level and how far in skill do you want to go?
What style do you play the most?
What yoyos do you currently have?
Do you want a wide yoyo or a big catch zone? (Atlas vs. a V shape yoyo?)
Finally, what is your favorite type of trick? (whip, slack, tech, etc)

Depending on these answers, we can give you some pretty decent recommendations!

3 Likes

i would say i am pretty comp 1a cannon atlas shutter iceberg magic yoyo ploter skyva and chezch point pivot. i like wider yoyos. and tech slack and a little speed

1 Like

i would love to here your recommendations

Alright, now I love wide yoyos, so lets dive in!!

So, for plastics, you could get a Magic yoyo K10 behemoth -this is super wide, but since it is injection molded, it vibes a lot (and because it has z-stacks). I would highly, highly, highly recommend the c3yoyodesign Speedaholic XX. While it is only 46.15 mm wide, it makes up for it with wide catch areas and a light, speedy design. The gap with also loves extra thicc string for those slacks. Finally, if you are a go big or go home for plastic, you could get the c3yoyodesign IX. For this, it is stupid wide and people either love it or hate it (I do not have it yet because I cannot justify it).

For metals, starting cheap, I would go with a Duncan Windrunner. For even wider, you can go for the 7068 which fixes the old windrunner problems (I am looking at you 2mm axel). Next up, the Edge Ultimatum. This is a great yoyo that I love the feeling of. In fact, I am going to pick one up later. It plays fast, it is wide, and it is just awesome. Now, my last recommendation is the Mk1 yoyos Exia. This is my favorite yoyo. It is wide, fast, long spinning, and just all around awesome. This is my most recommended yoyo

I really wanted to recommend the Atlas, but you already have it :pensive:

Now, I am just going to put this out here really quickly, I would recommend a small, pocket size yoyo. I use a little Velocity (or a modded Butterfly XT because if I can do it on that, I can do it on anything) to train for bangers and really hard tricks. Just consider it if you have not already.

Hope all this helps!

thank you so much sorry i already have the atlas lol i thin that bc the price the edge ultimatum looks like it would be great for me i think i would want to try an exia before i pulled the trigger on it

3 Likes

maybe the edge series are kool then for 1a comp? The entire series clocks in a high price, but some of them are cheaper and they’re all extra wide. Horizon is okay for pretty much everything including horizontal and its super powerful and is pretty fast.
dv888
ethos
civility
I wouldn’t recommend get a hella ton of yoyos at once tho, most stores might have a sale soon

1 Like

thanks i was looking at the edge series all fit my style

1 Like

civility is always sold out…lol

1 Like