Longest Fingerspin Challenge: Cash Prizes $$$

I got such a long fingerspin today ;D

I have up.

What yoyo?

Blasted Prodigy

Can you land on the dimple? When I had one I couldn’t land on the dimple of the Prodigy. Same with the Mo-vitation. It’s not that I couldn’t hit it it’s just the dimple wasn’t deep enough to stay on the finger, even when I went matador style.

I could actually land on the dimple on something like the Titan3 though because it was deeper, but it wasn’t happening on the Prodigy :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I threw it hard and landed right on the dimple. Spun fer darz

EDIT: I don’t remember quoting that…

Hey on the Valor do you have to land it where the axle is for the fingerspin? Or is it in that small circle around the axle?

You’re “allowed” to land it wherever you want. :wink: And no doubt, when people aren’t going for a “longest fingerspin” record they are not landing it on that hole. But if you want to compete in the minute-long big leagues, that’s where you need to be.

Axle hole

I’m getting my horizon(tal yoyo) today. BE SCARED.

Still trying to find the technique for the horizon. It won’t spin very long, but hopefully I can figure it out.

Completely horizontal, so that the string tension starts to go crazy. Once you get it right in the center it won’t even move a bit. It’ll just spin perfectly.

Is it even possible to land on that? And once you do does it actually work?

It’s so hard to land it in the center though. I’m getting close to the center, but I have a feeling it’s going to take a lot of practice to get in the center.

I can’t land on it, but easing into it, like a I REALLY LIKE RAMEN min spin.

Ok. Does “easing into it” slow down the yoyo for you

So people who trim their nails aren’t allowed in this competition? Or can I get one of those sticky nails?

The longer the nails the easier.

I’ve been practicing by landing on the hubstacks (not z-stacks) of my newly acquired stacked Catalyst - even though stacks aren’t allowed for this contest, it’s good practice for landing on a small area and keeping the tension right on landing.