Lightweight small yoyos for Street performance

If you truly serious about weight, Aceyo Air is the absolute lightest modern yoyo coming in at a ridiculous 52g and is around $34 USD shipped. Great performer–fast, nimble, and stable especially considering it’s weight. It’s one of my favorites, even after trying and owning titanium yoyos costing over 10 times as much. The only drawback is it’s limited availability. The only place I know that has it, is an online retailer from China, so shipping would take a few weeks.

That said if you are a complete beginner it may take a while, a few months at the very least, for you to be able to get to the “pizzazz” level you are referring to. And by that time you may find that you develop a style of play / preference for a heavier yoyo. I’d submit that you are over-thinking carry weight. Most yo-yos are currently in the 62-65g range to get a decent balance of spin time, stability, and maneuverability. We are talking about a weight savings of around 3g to 12g if you go from heavy to light or superlight. That’s the equivalent of just one or two euro coins. If carry weight is an issue, I’d go with fewer yoyos; you’d be better off having just two 66g yoyos that you really like and enjoy using vs three yoyos under 60g that don’t really click with you and that you have to push hard to complete your harder tricks.

Below is a list of lightweight yoyos (most are above $35 retail):

Review of Aceyo air:

2 Likes