Lighter weight yoyos?

That’s very interesting! Alright well thanks man!

Back to the topic though. Seriously, since I’m used to 68g+,

what should I expect with something around, let’s sayy 65g?

Does the throw feel any less solid? Are they any easier to maneuver it around the strings? Does they have less of a punch on the hand with response?

I’ve decided I definitely want a CLYW but I’m still super nervous about the weight difference!

A 3-5g difference is going to be noticeable but not alien. A lot of it depends on the properties of the yoyo itself, not just the overall weight. The Puffin 2 and Chief are in similar weight categories, but the Puffin 2 has more presence on the string and more of a “how’s your mother” on return to the hand.

My opinion is simply this: try it out. I RELISH trying things that feel different. So rather than be worried, for me I would be positively excited to try something I may not have tried before. That was one of the main reasons I bought a Pacquiao (49g)… a yoyo which I can still do all my same tricks on without adjustments or practice, by the way. :wink:

Don’t overestimate how much of a difference it will make. I say go for it and enjoy those small differences.