Light up modern 1a yoyo?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a light up/led yoyo?

my requirements are:
-must be butterfly shape
-able to do intermediate string tricks
-weigh no more than 67 grams

My goal is to make one of those night shot videos.
If anyone is interested in a yoyo discord, pm me

1 Like

The YYF Kui is only 66.3 grams, it has an organic shape, and it’s the only yoyo YYE has in stock in its Lightup section in the store.
I don’t know if that helps or if not. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, the KUI I heard is fantastic.

1 Like

hubstack afterglow

1 Like

Hubstack afterglow is the budget choice. Not mind blowing performance. But enjoyable light up fun.

5 Likes

How did you get here???

1 Like

Um, just fasten some micro LEDs to a battery and tape it into the cups of your yoyo.

1 Like

Buy a freaking light up Free Hand Zero. That’s what i use, well its a custom Higby of course, but otherwise it’s stock. Around 27 bucks even with the custom paint. Jmtc.

im either going to get that or the freehand zero if i can find one :slight_smile:

15449892087111743518918 here’s mine.

1 Like

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, I’ve got my light up zero sitting in pieces in front of me this morning because I need to track down some new batteries.

But aren’t they discontinued?

They light up more impressively than the hubstack afterglow. But I find the response to take more fiddling to get right either as a responsive or unresponsive throw.

2 Likes

can someone send me a link to the hubstack afterglow? i can’t find it on yye

Your probably right. That’s Duncan for you. But what a great throw.

It’s in the options for color/version.

2 Likes

I own a Kui and I can tell you it’s a regular metal great playing yoyo that lights up. I don’t know if a better light up yoyo has ever been made.

2 Likes

i would love to get that, the only thing is my budget isnt $70, but thanks anyway

1 Like