Aurora VS Kui

Anyone played both?

I’m yoyoing in a parade in a couple weeks and I want a light up yoyo to help things stand out, but also something that performs well.

8 Likes

That’s awesome dude! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks bro!

It’s for what’s called the Festival of Lights. They’re gonna hand out hundreds of light up yoyos while I yoyo on a float

5 Likes

Kui is okay - I’ve had some flickering/lighting issues with it. Feels like a shell and sounds like one as well. It’s a gram heavier than the Aurora, if you’re into heavy yoyos. Feels sturdy and well made. Comes with black light led usb strand for sweet string glow.

Aurora (make sure you know which version you’re getting) can either come in one color or multiple color displays. I have the solid one color and it’s bright. Caps on it feel flimsy. Less shell feeling. Prefer the Aurora based on price and how well it plays.

Hope some of this helps.

6 Likes

Check out the Electric Glow Yellow.

I know this isn’t one of the two you mentioned but with the translucent plastic body, it really lights up well.

And since you’re going to be throwing for common folk, you probably don’t need the high performance yoyo to do crazy complex tricks. People will be impressed just seeing the yoyo fly around (think boingy and eli hops etc.). I did a performance many years ago and shoot the moon with a light up yomega was the most popular thing I did… people were much more impressed with that over anything in the 2 minute 1A performance I did.

Plus, for $25, it is a pretty good deal.

EDIT: I just realized the Aurora is under $30, so maybe price isn’t such an advantage. So…

Plus, it has hubstacks which adds another layer of easy yet great for showing off tricks.

3 Likes

Whatever you choose, get someone to film some of it and share it with everyone.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! That’s an awesome idea I hadn’t thought of.

I definitely will try to get someone to take some video. I’m excited to spread some yoyoing and joy!

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic. I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time.
Also consider the loop 2020 with the LED caps. I bought a couple earlier this year and they look really good even when doing a simple Around the World at night. The light is not dim tbh and is actually more on the bright side when it is pitch dark.

I think Shu Takada was showing the Kui as well as the Loop 2020 with the LED lights.

4 Likes

I like my kui. One side has some flickering issues, but its a really fun and solid throw!

3 Likes