Light up 1A plastics?

Anyone know of any light up responsive or unresponsive plastic 1A yoyos?

3 Likes

YYE sells the yoyofactory kui:

3 Likes

The Kui is a great choice, but it’s metal. For plastic your best bet is the Hubstack Electric Glow:

If you want responsive then the redesigned Duncan Pulse is a good choice. Or the Loop 2020 with LED caps for 2A.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that the hubstack had an led option! Awesome! I have been using the Duncan pulse a lot lately to teach people and they love the light up yoyos.

3 Likes

Hubstack Glow - $24.99 is too much for me but perhaps on a lonely winter night I will feel differently. The blurb above says $19.99 but it’s higher…

The glow HUBSTACK is also unresponsive. The standard is responsive.

3 Likes

I want one…

I have a YYF Hubstack Afterglow. LEDs light up when thrown, and the plastic on my particular one also glows in the dark. Think they’re around $25.
I think there is also a Yomega Raider that lights up, but I think those are responsive.

2 Likes

How does it play? I never tried a hubstack and not sure what to expect from that one. I’m not super-advanced and already have so many yoyos. Is it just a gimmick that’d be fun for a night or two then collect dust? Is it a truly unique experience (besides the lights)?

The hubstacks make it kind of unique. You can do some cool things with them you can’t do on other yoyos. I will say it’s not very stable through longer combos, but still pretty fun to play with. Its something I’ll take to festivals with me to play at night, but for regular play I don’t tend to pick it up.

1 Like

Just a bit pricey. Half the price of a Shutter which I want to get eventually. Thank you for the info.

I’m up for getting one for myself at that price but to give away, meh, too much. $15, sure. $25, couldn’t swing that.

1 Like

The Hubstack is the best light up yo-yo I’ve ever tried. I don’t have a responsive one, and I haven’t tried the Kui.

It’s not very stable, but a centering bearing helps it a lot.

I have both the Afterglow, and the USA one. They are a lot of fun. Definitely recommend!

2 Likes

Several people have said the Hubstack Afterglow is unstable. This makes me think if I bought it the novelty of the lights would be gone in 2 days and the vibe would bug me so much that I’d chuck it in the box with the other annoying or sub par yoyos Ivpurchased before I knew anything about yoyos.

It’s not “unstable”. It’s perfectly playable.

You may not play it all the time, but it’s worth having for certain times, and the hubstacks are fun.

I’d like to add that everybody on here should own at least one of these as well!

One of the LED versions.

Okay, you said it was not very stable. I’d like one but I’m trying not buy any yoyos for awhile. My collection is a bit redundant. I just like the idea of a light up and the Pulse is a great price but I’m not into the shape.

New and old?

I already have a lot of loopers. I like a wide gap butterfly shape. I like the new bigger Pulse but the gap is too narrow for my tastes at this time.

1 Like