Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

Sorry dude, desk is a mess so I opted out. Here, I did a quick PS edit out of my desk mess and here is the keyboard in beige glory:

I took the keycaps from my Unicomp (it came with blanks), so if they dont look clean they arent, lol. The blanks I didn’t replace either didn’t fit properly or I didnt bother.

2 Likes

Oh man that’s nice. Rugged as.

Not to mention that the thing weighs in at 8.3lbs (or almost 4kg to the rest of the world). It sits so solidly on the desk that no other keyboard feels this solid to me. It feels denser than a brick when you pick it up, no joke.

2 Likes

Finished a new build today.

Caps are temporary.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty clever layout. I like how shortening the LSHIFT by .25u allows for three 1u keys to replace the RSHIFT. A perfect place for an arrow cluster.

The legends are impossible to read though. What are the six (two rows of three) keys under the RETURN key?

2 Likes

It’s the same default layout as my GK64 which, besides the God-awful 1u right shift, is pretty ideal for me. Though it was obnoxiously tricky to get the same layout on a DZ60 FOR WHATEVER REASON. And there ARE translucent legends, but this is a backlit board so that doesn’t help lol

Beneath the return:
Right shift - up arrow - end
Left arrow - down arrow - right arrow

Do these count?

10 Likes

Since I don’t use the RSHIFT key, that wouldn’t be a problem for me. In fact, I’d probably just re-program it to be Home or something.

Hans Zimmer is that you? @RABid :joy:

3 Likes

i have no knowledge of keyboards, nor do i have the budget to go crazy with another hobby, but i bought a Ducky Bon Voyage with cherry browns

5 Likes

Here’s my family photo! The goNerd with GMK cyans is my daily but for lots of typing the atreus62 is amazingly comfortable (more than the ergodox imo)

8 Likes

I see Carbon, Hyperfuse, Plum, and PuLSE there. Nice collection of keycap sets.

1 Like

Thanks! I do love the feel of SA caps but found the ones I want (that aren’t just copies of what I have in GMK) hard to come by or $$$$$

I was fortunate enough to get all the SA sets I wanted when they came out, before they became collector’s items.

omg whats the keyboard at the bottom, with those translucent caps?

yoooo my kinda thread here!!! I’m rocking the vortex core with cherry mx red switches at work and personally.

My friend Mark had a 40% board with Gateron Yellows that I’m trying to get…sickest keyboard switch imo

1 Like

How are you digging the Model F, @eternalmetal? If I was going to spend big on a mech keyboard I’d be tempted to do it on that beast.

Wow, I’d love to see/try/own mech keyboards, but in France people tend to consider 20 bucks is the right price for a keyboard, and that rubber domes are the best. (feeling, sound).

So I’m seen like an alien with my bépo Ergodox :smiley:

Unicorn vomit.

3 Likes

Tbh I’m just waiting for you to anodize a high-end case.

1 Like