Magicyoyo YO3 Hertz

I cannot say enough about this yo-yo. You can get it for $15 on Amazon and I prefer it over my hummingbird. Fast, nice smooth matte finish. Stable, does finger and thumb grinds, horizontal, and for the same price as a trip to Five Guys. Sure, the response pads and bearing aren’t top of the line, but perfectly capable of handling what you throw at it.

Matter of fact I’ve been on kind of a cheap yo-yo rhythm lately. Are these $30 metals that companies are putting out matching the smoothness of you 100+ fancy metals? Don’t get me wrong, I understand the taste for that premium clyw feel matched by none. Or any other premium company selling expensive throws. However, in 2021 just about everything you get is buttery smooth and capable of anything regardless of the price. When you spend an extra $80, are you getting 80$ worth of performance? Definitely not IMO. Yoyos $50 and under might be the future for most. Thoughts?

10 Likes

You just kicked a hornets nest, my friend. I love the Hertz and was amazed with it on the first couple of throws. Lots of people have already said (and I agree) that most yoyos are pretty darned good nowadays. I think with the real expensive ones - the price is based on complicated machining for very small runs with very rigorous QC. Most of my favorite yoyos are $39 and less. Some people have more money to spend on yoyos so they get expensive yoyos but a $15 yoyo may bring as much happiness to one person as a $150 yoyo does to another person. Yeah, the Hertz? I was a little surprised at this being in MYYs budget line.

6 Likes

My $12 N12 Shark Honor plays as good, if not better as some of my other premium yoyos. The hype is real and well deserved.

4 Likes

I tried the n12
Not bad, but definitely a different feel than the hertz
Much heavier

1 Like

High price doesn’t always come with high performance. There are lots of factor to determine the price of a yoyo.

3 Likes