Yozean yoyos ? 50$ AL7+Ti bimetal

has 6 colorways
but also they sell these

35$ SS version

and this one is 18.50$ , their most sold item.
one review does point the rim fit issue found with fake throws. but its 18.50$ shipped :melting_face:

opening a topic to discuss this new brand and their prices. anyone has experience with it ? thoughts ?

3 Likes

I doubt theres much QC being done so buy at own risk. I imagine they would be like old yyf 888 and other throws of that early era inconsistent from one to the next.

1 Like

Does @G2_Jake still cut yoyos?

I got one of the aluminum + SS ones a week or so ago. (Some people might recognize the windowsill I use in almost all my yoyo pics in the customer photos over on the website selling these.)

I’d be interested in seeing if the aluminum is really 7075, and I’d be really curious to see how thick the SS ring is.

It’s got nail vibe and it “feels cheap,” but I don’t know if I can trust that feeling since I know it was cheap. It plays great.

(Here’s those review pics.)

7 Likes

I can still do Let’s cut a yo-yo. I can’t prove which aluminum it is for you though.

5 Likes

If this is Grade 2 tube stock then these prices are pretty much cost + $15-20 for a machine shop (depending on the run size). The $35 SS ones are roughly cost + $10-15 most likely. The fact that those prices are shipped is wild.

It’s common to see shops do things like this as they try to enter the yo-yo manufacturing space.

2 Likes

Bringing back cut a yoyo would be cool if that’s what these cheap knock off brands give us I’m
All for it

Noticed this on the listing :joy::

4 Likes

@abellia has a strong theory on this company that she could maybe share but tldr this company and yoyo should be pretty solid and legit. QC might not be the best but shouldn’t be terrible. $50 Ti is $50 Ti :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

ngl, it’s not much of a theory anymore I think - R2FG is Riesenwellen is Yozean.

R2FG/Riesenwellen originally had this yoyo planned:

And then this conveniently pops up in the same colours:

It’s the same company I think. What andy said though, the design/yoyo itself should be solid, but no guarantees for smoothness or flawless ano, getting 7075+ti down to that cheap…probably comes with some cost saving measures. Still, $50 Ti.

Further proof it’s the same company:

4 Likes

completely forgot about this brand, they also use the same marketing language

they are definitely connected in a major way. as for the price, of course things had to be sacrificed or done differently. but how much would the quality go below the proud boutique brands ?
i am thinking it could be same as YYFactory maybe. good designs but their QC is lacking from my experience. maybe the alloys batch isnt as good or you might be unlucky with construction / rim issues. but it can be done imo. we have magic yoyo for example with low priced bi-metals. If they used their home advantage as stated by R2FG which is a manufacturer with know how of Shenzhen logistics. i say its possible to lower prices like OneDrop does.
and i think its good that they succeed in it. then others can learn their ways or commission them for their yoyos :man_shrugging:

Someone should get a free watieboo and use it for cut a yo

Honestly yozean’s art is really cool. The name yozean isn’t great though.

1 Like

I have one I can donate to the cause.

One of these two probably both are garbage.

2 Likes

I have some insight to share about this.

I lived in China for three years, and so I have been heavily into the Chinese brands. This is what I can tell you about R2FG

R2FG was started by one of the two original owners of YOYOFFICER. YOYOFFICER produced quite a few well regarded budget yoyos. At some point, one of the owners decided to leave and start R2FG. The company has made quite a few decent budget offerings and, within the last couple of years, they decided to create a new line of yoyos within the R2FG brand, that are higher quality and aquatic themed. That is where Riesenwellen comes in. Riesenwellen is not a new brand just a category within R2FG.

The divemaster picture shown was a yoyo released in China under the R2FG brand for a higher price than the divemaster legendary. When you look at all of the online stores, R2FG and Yozean are not listed as the same thing, except for the divemaster legendary which has the R2FG brand name in its sale post on some yoyo stores while R2FG is not listed at other yoyo stores.

My theory is that the Divemaster Legendary is either a collaboration between R2FG and Yozean, or it is a money making venture of the owner of R2FG made to mass produce cheap yoyos to make as much money as possible. R2FG is a well-regarded yoyo brand in China and a couple of their designs have been very popular with yoyoers there. R2FG will have higher quality control and care than Yozean, even if the two companies may be run by the same person.

8 Likes

Well…I ordered one so that you don’t have to. When it gets here…I’ll be able to compare it to a Hinemosu which’ll be fun and interesting.

8 Likes

Here wewe go! It’s arrived.

4 Likes

The graphic (imo) is an infamy to the good taste, the yoyo and the shape seems quite cool honestly!

Yo resident Guinea pig here. Lol

I went ahead and bought this Yoyo so u don’t have too!! I bought the bimetal destroyer in the splash colorway. And I’m here to tell you that……

It was the best $20 I ever spent. Or $20 something I don’t remember. But I figured at that price there’s no way I could feel rippled off. And the Yoyo totally exceeded all expectations!! Now was it your Yoyofriends bimetal quality?? Heck no far from it! But for the price it was by NO MEANS A BAD YOYO AND ACTUALLY A PRETTY GOOD ONE. Check it out

Here’s some pics

I’m not saying this was a great Yoyo but for the price I’d say it’s well worth it. Just my opinion

4 Likes

I just saw ur comment I wrote mine without reading anything and we basically had the same exact idea lol

1 Like

Graphic is a little cheesy…a little “edgy”. Which is funny…because it feels a little like an Edge Beyond to me.

It’s also…terrible feeling on fingerspins. I generally fingerspin on almost anything but this is like nails on a chalkboard…it just FEELS nasty.

Other than that it’s a pretty decent yoyo I think. It’s got loads of power and stability. It’s a touch vibey. But nothing I can feel on the string.

Looks like @Yoyomikie got the Stainless rim version.

The Titanium rim version is pretty cool I think. And I will enjoy playing it today.

5 Likes