Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

I’m getting faster!

3 Likes

I just got a Miya PRO from Mechanical Keyboards. Mac white to fit my macbook pro! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Wish I could use mechanical keyboards =[ I love the feel of them and have a few that are higher end, and one that I put together with parts from drop.com, but I have wrist problems and the way that they are raised off the table causes pain in my hand if I use them for too long.

Why not employ a wrist rest to raise your hands to the same level as the keys? That’s what I do.

1 Like

I have a wrist rest, but sometimes it doesn’t always help. Have to switch back to my magic keyboard from time to time. Finally started to go to physical therapy after years of having this problem to hopefully figure it out and fix it once and for all though. Hopefully then I can get back into using my mechanical keyboards full time again. =]

1 Like

Keycaps :eyes:

More bonus points if you can guess which ones they are.

2 Likes

GMK Laser?

1 Like

Yup!

Have you considered a Dactyl?

1 Like

That thing just looks cursed xD

How does the pcb work on that thing? I’d assume it’s a pain to get the switches to fit with those angles.

1 Like

The visible layer lines don’t help its cursed look any. However, the use of MT3 /dev/tty keycaps does add a certain seductive appeal.

1 Like

You don’t NEED a PCB. Many people handwire theirs

Or you can get flexible patchwork PCBs that need to be wired together.

1 Like

I could definitely see how this might be more ergonomic, but considering all the muscle memory that I have with a normal keyboard, and since most of the things that I do with a keyboard during the day are shortcuts for the programs I working in I don’t know how practical this would really be fore me haha. And I don’t know how I feel about the overall aesthetics of something like this =]

1 Like

Physical Therapy has already been helping out my wrist a decent amount, don’t have full mobility still but the pain is gone for the most part unless I’m really forcing my hand in one direction or another, so I figured it was time to dust off a mechanical keyboard and try using it on my desk again.

6 Likes

Phantom Deep Blue B-Stock
Alpaca V2 w/ 205g0 deskeys films
Durock V2 stabs alpaca edition w/ 205g0
GMK Laser

4 Likes

Recent budget build done for the GF.
DNA65
Lubed Box Burn Orange
ZDA Matcha PBT Keycaps
White Kraken Cable to finish it off not shown

6 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I cancelled a groupbuy on a very expensive custom keyboard and bought a barebones GMMK Pro instead for a fraction of the cost. I put some ergo clear switches in it and some MT3 keycaps. I love this thing.

5 Likes

MT3 ftw! :fire:

4 Likes

The only thing better is original IMB beamspring terminal keycaps.

1 Like