Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

Hey all! ive been getting a little more into gaming, as a way to interact with my IRL friends. I just got a razer viper mini, and am looking to get a premade keyboard. My filters would be, Red/brown mechanical switches, under 75$, 60% or TKL, and preferably on amazon. I would prefer hot-swappable, but its not a deal-breaker if it is an amazing keyboard. Any recommendations? Thanks! :slight_smile:
EDIT: ive been looking at these:

The gmmk compact is good with the case being half metal, but it’s a little over your price range at 110 dollars. I just got my white ice edition in today, and it looks pretty good. Comes preinstalled with gateron browns. The build quality is really good, the only problem I have is the software. It’s a little weird to manage. Has a bunch of different lighting effects to. It’s also hotswappable.

Looks pretty good with my glorious model o. The lightning is also a lot more vibrant, the camera just does not pick it up.

2 Likes

yeah if i were to look at something that pricey, id just get the one 2 mini the model o looks nice! is that razer grip tape for drag clicking?

My brand new Drop CTRL keyboard. I need to get a numpad to go with it now…

3 Likes

Mate , those SA caps in that colour scheme are the cats pyjamas!:star_struck:

1 Like

My external numpad finally arrived. Now I don’t feel like I’m missing a limb anymore.

6 Likes

I understand. I’ll have like only 30 grades to enter, but I’ll wait to do it until I’m at a keyboard with a numpad.

1 Like

For any fans of Massdrop’s SA Dasher/Dancer keycap sets I have great news. Drop.com is planning to drop MT3 Dasher/Dancer in time for Christmas! :fire:

2 Likes

Oh yeah!!

Any news on when the drop will be? I don’t want to miss out on this one!

Here is my Rama M-60 with Olivia Keycaps!

3 Likes

No specific date as of yet. Last thing I was told (two days ago) was “Looking to launch ASAP”.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know that existed so many types of KB, I did know about mechanical KB though, actually, I got one just to play Worms Armageddon (99 PC edition) for pro-roping purposes… That ghost key was killing my SKILLZZ ahhahahaha.

If you want to see some unique ones, the OLKB Planck is pretty cool!

1 Like

Ordered a set of Aliaz Silents (60g) switches

2 Likes

Like 'em, Smiley?

1 Like

Quite a lot, yes! They are quiet and don’t chatter like the last ones did.

1 Like

I wonder how they compare to Kailh silent switches. I am currently typing on Kailh Silent Browns.

1 Like

I have no idea lol

I particularly like that these have the top rubber bumpers to dampen the upstroke.

1 Like

New to the forum, was sent here from the intro thread. Currently rocking these boards as my two daily drivers:

Drop Alt High Profile; Halo True(or hako royal true), BOB ABS doubleshot SA profile, aluminum M7 Gameboy artisan keycap.

Melgeek Z70 Ultra; Cherry MX Clear RGB, BOB PBT dyesubbed Cherry profile, aluminum Switch handle artisan keycap.

3 Likes

The latest thing I’m into is stock, basic linear switches. My typing speed increased significantly with Gateron yellows and my fatigue dropped. I’m very much a part of the linear gang now.

Here’s what I have been using at work: A Keychron K6 with stock Gateron Yellows (milky top) and MT3 Dasher keycaps.

2 Likes