Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

You could also look at Kailh box silent browns @zslane

Would you say they are as heavy as browns? Heavier? Also did you lube them? I’m planning on lubing mine. They sound awesome lubed.

Seconded. I built a macropad with T1s and they absolutely crush Browns.

1 Like

I tried to buy box silent browns from aliexpress before the pandemic lockdown and the order was simply cancelled by the seller after several months. I haven’t yet found a different seller who I trust (and who doesn’t require me to register with them just to buy stuff).

1 Like

Swapped my home keeb for my work one as I’m trying to learn KB+M for gaming and SAs are awful for gaming. Snapped a quick pic before leaving for the day.

Idc what anyone says, artisans are awesome.

1 Like

I have, not worth it. It’s too thin. I may or may not have used antibacterial ointment on switches… And it may or may not have worked swimmingly… :speak_no_evil:

(It did work swimmingly)

1 Like

Most people use Krytox GPL 207 on sliders and Krytox GPL 205 on stabilizers.

1 Like

It’s difficult to compare the weight to browns because the bump is so different. I suppose it feels slightly heavier.

It say 62g but that is the measurement of the force it takes to fully depress the spring in a Koala, so I’d say that’s pretty light. T1 is 67g which feels perfect.

I’ve used both very light switches (Gateron and Outemu brown) and very heavy switches (Kailh Box Navy and Hako Royal True) for a good while, and I believe the weight of the T1s is perfect. Not too heavy and not too light and aren’t at all a strain to use.

As for lubung, I don’t bother with that, so I don’t really know.

1 Like

@zslane, buy some of the Guzzew Boba U4 switches I posted the link to. They are an excellent silent tactile switch.

They come from Australia too. They won’t mess you about like Aliexpress.

1 Like

I decided to go endgame.

5 Likes

The SEQ2 isn’t even on their website yet. Is that a sneak peak on some social media site?

The SEQ2 is most definitely up on their website. That’s where I bought it from.

Oh, I see. You have to go to their store page. It isn’t on their front page. How strange.

1 Like

Have you tried a RAMA board?

No, but RAMA has a reputation for exquisite products, so I think you made an excellent choice.

I really only use two layouts: full-size (either 104 or 108 keys) or standard 60%, and RAMA doesn’t make keyboards of either layout.

The closest thing I have to a RAMA TKL is a Norbatouch, of which I have three.

1 Like

What is the quality of RAMA in comparison with Keycult?

I don’t know for sure but I think the quality is better somewhat and they are super limited, and some of them are made from ss I believe. But again, all my knowledge is based off of YouTube so I have no actual idea. Anybody use ducky boards? I’m just gonna buy one…

I briefly owned a Ducky One. I wasn’t that impressed with it and gave it to a friend who needed a new keyboard.

1 Like

Ducky boards are basic mechs that come with your usual red, brown, blue Cherry switch options. They’re OK.m, a lot of people like them.

1 Like