Let's talk Mechanical Keyboards

I’m getting a kbd75 V2, and on my current keyboard I do have rgb on all the time, because I like it. I guess you don’t really look at the board for gaming though. I guess if you can touch type not for that either. I do enjoy it though, and I don’t mind not the best quality for them. As long as it’s cheap lol. And I also don’t wanna spend 100 dollars on a good keycap color scheme (maxkey seems to be the only brand with any colors I like).

Hako violets vs. kalih speed coppers vs. hako clears vs. kalih pro purples. Opinions?

SA keycaps just make anything look better.

8 Likes

Agreed!

I was in love with SA keycaps the moment I laid eyes on them back in 2015.

2 Likes

So… OneDrop V4M for lubing switches and stabs?.. Anyone here tried it?

1 Like

So to be honest, before I tried* a mechanical keyboard I suspected this whole thing was a fad and a little overblown. But now I really love typing on this thing. Noise and all.

*I guess I grew up with mechanical keyboards, but that was before I typed much.

1 Like

I’d imagine V4M is too thin.

1 Like

So use looping lube then… Got it! :rofl:

Has anyone tried koalas? They seem pretty nice but to buy them I need comparisons. How do they compare to royals in terms of tactile strength, and overall weight? I’ve tried all the hako switches, all heavy boxes, normal boxes, royals, and thick click boxes, so compare to those if you have tried.

Also glen, how are you liking that abs sa? I’m actually going to buy those exact same Keycap haha.

Koalas are really good switches. I’ve used Kailh Box Browns, Whites and Navies and I used to think they were pretty good. I have also used Royal Hako Trues which are also a super tactile Kailh Box variant switch.

Currently, I use T1 switches which are almost exactly the same as Koala switches. There is no contest between those switches and any other box switch I have tried. They have a wonderful smooth, rounded tactile bump and are weighted perfectly. I will never go back to box switches now.

They are the best keycaps I have!

What are “T1” switches?

These. A most excellent switch.

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/4000332206210.html

Are they dampened switches (like silent reds/browns)?

I don’t believe so. They’re not particularly quiet.

You’re strictly a Topre man, correct @zslane?

Topre is my preferred switch, yes. However, I don’t like to use Topre for gaming because I don’t want to wear out the WASD cluster on my Topre boards. So lately I’ve been using boards with red or brown switches, even though I hate the noise they make.

1 Like

@zslane These might be a great option for you. They are quiet and I hear they have excellent tactile feel too.

Getting hype. Keyboardio Atreus is about to ship.

2 Likes