Let's talk about yoyos!

what yoyos are you exited for? what yoyo do you think is the best? favorite trick? anything yoyo related!

1 Like

I’m very excited for a new bi metal my grandma is getting me the spintime el presidente because I love the shape. its also been discounted from 125 bucks to 75!

11 Likes

Waiting patiently for the Perpetual Motion to launch.

6 Likes

You will not be disappointed with either of those. 75 for el Presidente is a steal. And Perpetual is a fantastic bimetal.

4 Likes

Screw yoyos im excited for. I wanna know how to get the money for yoyos i am excited for.

4 Likes

Some thoughts:

• Excited for the DD Kanto and 50/50 rerelease
  • After some time with the Alpine, I want less aluminum and more titanium, to the point where I think I’ll buy quite a bit less AL in order to cop the titanium I’m really after
  • Alpine is probably my favorite yoyo right now
  • CLYW is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands again
  • Have been trying to get beefhook down (seems like lots of people are rn) and it ain’t happening lmao
  • Have made more of an effort recently to become more trick focused as opposed to collecting focused
  • Long term goal for this year is to get a decent looking, well executed horizontal combo going
13 Likes

In July 2021 I came back from a hiatus if some years.

I had a goal of getting a general yo collection. I had some back in the day and wanted to get all of the ones I’ve always wanted.

I took the four yoyos I had at the time and through a series of about thirty trades and spending about $150 bucks, I ended up with 13 General yo throws.

Outside of those, I have an RBC, Overture, Delrin Flight and a Ditch.

So my goal was met and my new goal is to play with these and enjoy myself.

Is it possible I flip the script and sell majority of it off and approach collecting another brand? Yeah, anything is possible, but as it stands I don’t find it likely at all. I’m happy.

And I’m working on my suicides and some offstring. Kinda think I want to try some offstring with a counterweight.

5 Likes

I am excited for our first YoYo Perpetual Motion to hit peoples hands and my own again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve got quite a few throws on the way; RBC, Invictus and Butterfly AL Un edition. Excited to try out the modern responsive style and add in a new 1a throw.

Been going hard on hooks lately and have managed to hit 2.0 and -2.0 as well as beefhook. Just gotta get consistent with it like anything.

1 Like

I have been in love with the 0A style recently. I would say I really enjoyed learning new tricks back when I started two years ago getting into the standard 1A, but man I’ve never been this ravenous when it comes to acquiring and creating 0A tricks! It’s spread to my yoyo collection too, I’ve been eyeing more responsive-oriented throws for my wish list, and the 1A throws I have now just consists of Duncan Freehands of all kinds. My favorite throws right now are the RBC, OG Alleycat, and the new plastic FHOne. Strangely enough, though, I do not have any wooden throws yet, perhaps that’s next on my list.

3 Likes

offstring with counterweight? 9a!

the spectra looks good

2 Likes

Kretzschmar really out here livin in 2032

Just updated, lol. I am not a time traveler

1 Like

I like when tricks end in a surprise trapeze more than a surprise triangle.

Like this :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I agree with a lot of your thoughts. I’m becoming much more trick focused, and I dig titanium. I’m stoked about the Airetic x Lathed Back Design Ti that’s coming out later this year.

3 Likes

I hope this is the right topic to ask.
Can I get some opinions on Zeekio Continuum? I’m really tempted to get one, since it’s a Dif-E-Yo collab. But is it really worth to get it as a “daily driver”?

Those walls are so thin!

1 Like

Wait, Dif-e-yo is still around?!

1 Like

Well, looks like they are still in business, judging by the facebook page and ebay.

1 Like