Let's talk about dings

I agree with the overall point of this thread to the extent that you really do not have complete control over the condition of a yo-yo unless it is one that is not played. Anyone ever yo-yo over “grass” and have a yard like mine that has rocks you can’t see beneath the surface? Anyone yo-yo over carpet and hit a wall or ceiling instead? Dinging has way more to do with the floor surface, and includes other factors. Sometimes the blast, the condition of the string, yo-yoing too close to others, or being generally clumsy can all play a role. I choose to have a case of throws I don’t care about, but now, I’m worried about dinging my floor, ceiling or wall. Even when you eliminate worry about the condition of the throws, you may worry about damage to your house instead. I get the overall point of the thread topic which seems to be that we all worry too much about it. If that is indeed the point, I confess, and must agree.

I sand the sharp edges of my metal yoyo dings, otherwise grinds are more like cuts. Haha

This thread is just…

Lol.

I feel that if I ding a yoyo. Oh well. People shouldn’t be scared to play them wherever they want. I don’t sell my yoyo’s anymore so if I ding one then I ding one. Does it matter? Nope. does it still play? Yep. Do i make a fuss? nope. I also don’t go on a forum and bash kids for not thinking about what they are doing when they throw their yoyo’s. If you really are 48 then Please good sir, act like it.

3 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with dings.

Love
Personalizing your throw. No two have the same dings.
If you have to sand the rims of a non grinder, like a yyr, you can now do palm grinds better.
You now don’t have to worry about that “mint” yoyo

Hate
Can be annoying while grinding
Doesn’t look as good.
Doesn’t look as nice

I got it :smiley:

same here

One intense tangler you got there…

Cheers,

Dings happen, i would prefer not to get them on my yoyos. But when i see beat yoyos, I say to myself, WHY?
My yoyo mean alot to me. I worked hard to get them, so i try to treat them good.

That vid was awesome. I was laughing the whole time. I think we just have to get over the idea that these things in out hand will be with us forever and make he most of hem while we have them. If that means throwing them around wherever whenever then do it, but to me, it doesn’t mean let them sit on a shelf collecting dust (I am not saying that any of you do that). Just a thought.

Dings are fine and dandy, but I won’t buy a yoyo off the B/S/T if it has dings

Dings are alright for me, I mean, they happen. I just don’t go and ding them on purpose.

I’m alright with dings I have had a Yoyo fly down the stairs when the string broke the wonder was it had no ding or scratches!

You only Yoyo I don’t wanna ding is my 1 of 8 prototype majesty… With other yoyos I couldnt care less

When I watched the Viking Tour DVD and saw Steve’s Mg go flying down the street, I couldn’t help but giggle a little bit. The first thing i did when I got my Campfire some years back was to throw it directly into my gravel driveway. Dings don’t bother me one bit.

I like my yoyos to be mint. They’re prettier, and worth more. If I get a ding, it’s not that big of a deal.

Same.
Also, a part of me died as I watched him ding his catch 22…

yup. But that titanium can stand a lot of wear and tear.

True.

That video is the scariest thing I have ever seen.