Let’s talk craft beer (for those legally able to drink)

My cousin had a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin that I got to try years ago. 30 something percent lol, closer to a whiskey than a beer. I have a few 2016 worldwide stouts aging, probably give them another year, but might open one up around Christmas time.

1 Like

Yeah Sam Adams does Eutopias that’s in the high 20s i believe. It’s basically cognac at that point.

Ever make a “Heaven & Hell”? Equal parts World Wide Stout and 120minute IPA? So good, and talk about something that’ll sneak up on you.

You just reminded me that I’ve got WWS and 120 aging in the basement.

There’s a good sampling of stuff in my area, but I’m not a frequent drinker and don’t really favor anything, I just avoid the Budweiser, Miller, Coors etc…

The only alcohol brand I’m attached to is Courvoisier.

2 Likes

Yeah the 120 minute hit me harder than almost anything recently.

I remember standing up after drinking it and realizing I was a little past drunk then just sitting back down.

I’m a happy lightweight. Most of the beer I drink is too expensive to enjoy several in a night.

I have not, but that sounds like a great idea!

I would suggest not drinking all 24oz though :sweat_smile: It’s definitely one to make when you can share.

1 Like

That sounds like hangover city.

1 Like

Cincinnati native here, we have our fair share of solid breweries, and more imporantly I am in 3 floyds distribution area!

2 Likes

I worked with a guy that has brewed beer for many years and is very skilled at it. Before he taught me about different styles of beer I never really drank much. Being in the NC Piedmont, there is a wealth of micro breweries with some really outstanding beers. Any grocery store has a large section of locally brewed beers and you can find pretty much any style any time of year, so yeah, I drink way too much now, but I appreciate it on a much higher level than ever before. I would never be able to go back to big label ho-hum beer, I would just go back to coffee… nerve shattering levels of hot black coffee.

2 Likes

Monkish is good.

I unsurprisingly tend towards the Bay Area and North Bay breweries. Favorites include Cellarmaker, Fieldwork, Sante Adairius, Alvarado Street, Russian River, Henhouse, Hapas

2 Likes

Cincinnati native here too. We’re about ten minutes from Mt. Carmel brewery.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind if I’m ever in the area.

1 Like

There are literally keg tapping parties at midnight in the Detroit area at bars the day Oberon is allowed to be sold. Oberon was one of my biggest sellers.

4 Likes

Well that sells it further lol.

I need me some Oberon.

2 Likes

Stopped at Wild Leap on my way to Endwar.

2 Likes

Gotcha im on the other side of the river about 10 mins from Braxton and Bircus

1 Like

Beer dinker/brewer here. Very fortunate to live in a state overrun with good beer - Colorado

3 Likes

Definitely recommend

4 Likes

I love to drink… water. And nothing but water.

5 Likes