Let’s talk craft beer (for those legally able to drink)

Ah, the ole swaperoo

We’re mostly IPAs (especially since it’s summer), but I can do some ales and porters no doubt too.

1 Like

Im from Wisconsin, so quality beer is kinda like tea in China LOL.

5 Likes

What breweries does Wisconsin have?

Yeah, mostly IPAs here too. They’re everywhere and most breweries, even small ones, do them pretty well. Especially those hazy juicy New England IPAs, but sours are getting more and more popular too.

I know craft beer is in the middle of the haze craze, but I don’t think I’ve had a non hazy pale ale other than Two Hearted that I enjoy,

Oh jeez. Seems like theres one on every corner. New Glarus is probably the most popular. Tyranena and Sprecher are some other popular ones in my back yard
Off the top of my head…
Urban Harvest, Black Husky, Westallion, Valkyrie Brewing, Third Space, mobcraft, Delafiled Brewhaus, Milwaukee Alehouse, Melms, Lakefront…
I could seriously go all day.

1 Like

Wow. I somehow haven’t heard of any of those! I know there’s a ridiculous meadery up there that I need to go check out too.

I dont drink, but I have been told my local breweries are really good. Not from a big city but we still have about a dozen craft breweries here. I think the most renown is Bent River Brewery.

1 Like

Really? I guess its easy to take for granted. Miller is usually cheaper than soda around here. Tough to even find a bar that doesnt have at least half a dozen microbrews on tap.

Have you had Bell’s Oberon Ale?

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen it, but I can’t recall drinking it.

Must have been a good night :yum:

Nah lol. I’ve seen it for sale at total wine I believe.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s getting crazy. Even some dives will have Lawsons on tap around here, right next to the PBR lol.

Give it a shot if you see it next time, one of my go to ales.

2 Likes

If, uh, some of that made it’s way to Philly at Nationals I, um, wouldn’t mind it.

I’m primarily an IPA drinker but I like pretty much everything. All the hazy stuff is great but being in the Bay Area I still fall back to a good old west coast IPA (Russian River Blind Pig being my favorite).

Are craft beers more potent than regular beer? I wasnt big on beer at all when I did drink. Took to much work for me to catch that buzz. I was definitely a drink to get drunk type.

Don’t think I’ll be at Nationals, but I’ll see what I can do for Worlds. :grin:

For the most part yes, but not wine or other spirits strong (though I have a few BA stouts that are around 17% and those WILL creep up on you).

2 Likes

It’s definitely the opposite side of the state, but I recommend Monkish if you’re ever in the Torrance area.