Legit yoyo Strings- A noob reviews (TCR)

First let me start by saying, I am not very good at modern yoyo. I only started in December of last year. But in that time I have rekindled what I loved from all those years ago-

Over the last months I have accrued about 15-20 different yoyos and countless string. String of different materials, colors, thickness, manufacturers (; zipline, markmont, kitty, sochi, many bulk, badwolfco, some airetics). In my view and opinion, the string makes more of a difference in play than the actual yo. Of course I can notice a difference (even if barely) between how the different shapes and weights and styles can affect how a yoyo feels. But the string… the string is what ties the whole thing together, into one cohesive experience.

I found Legit strings here on yye forum or IG I forget which. I was intrigued by this younger adult (really a kid :joy:) and his seemingly deep passion for starting a string business. The rest- not important. So onto what matters- the string!

I was given all 3 different thicknesses in yellow and green. It is a poly and nylon blend… At the time I just got my OD panorama, so I spent a lot of time just trying the string in different throws and what not. I am a firm believer in every yo having a string that suits that throw.

How I judge how a string plays is based on a few tricks- beef hook, suicide (leap of faith), pony farts (docpop trick( for string bite)) and a few binds.

Simply put I was amazed! The way the string whips open was exactly what I thrive for. Its mesmerizing watching it whirl open. Really good for whips and slsck and holds tension great. Its on the rougher side of feel until a little time playing and first wash. The string last
F O R E V E R. I’m still using that first string on my panorama. I have yet to wear one out. Anytime it gets dirty or looses it viability- Wash rinse repeat back to 90% new (let’s be honest its never brand new but different) I use Legit strings on almost all of my throws now. I still have a bunch of other string so I use those randomly or where they really fit.

There is one down side I had an issue with when the string was brand new. The loop that goes around the bearing is really tight and I had a tough time putting it on the yoyo. I had to split the yoyo to put it on the bearing.
( I told him about this issue and he was aware. Since this first batch I received he has told me that issue has been resolved. Since I live in Japan my new batch (that I purchased since I like them so much) has yet to reach me to personally verify or confirm. But he did say it’s much better)( But once the string i currently have has broken in and washed a few times I haven’t had that issue. The main issue was with the thin, the normal and thick wasn’t bad and once broken in fine. Hopefully no longer an issue but thought I should mention it since it is the one “downside” I noticed)

I think everyone can find a throw it fits perfectly with. You can find legityoyostrings on etsy and IG.
If you have any experience with this string I encourage you to give your honest feedback here.

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing your Legit thoughts. Sounds like really good string!

4 Likes

I would like to second the review of Legit Strings. Excellent service and quality.

3 Likes

We will be supporting and partnering with @Legit_yoyostrings for one of our upcoming releases. Such great strings!!

6 Likes

Wow, thanks for the review. I agree on that some yoyos are in need of the right string. Sadly some of my favorite yoyos don’t seem to get along well with some of my favorite strings so I keep a few different kinds around. I ordered some Legit Strings last week after reading about them in another thread, but haven’t tried them yet. Looking forward to it more now.

4 Likes

Nice! Excited to hear more about that release. I think its super cool that yoyos are coming with premium string that supports community products

3 Likes

Thanks and excellent review by the way!!

2 Likes

thank you so much for taking the time to write this, I know it took a little more than a minute, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the strings man!!

1 Like

thank you so much man :grin: :pray:

1 Like

I really wanted to give the strings a long time playing. Past the honeymoon phase (I guess thats possible with string) and to really see what the string is like down the road and with different throws. Once I started to realize it wasn’t changing I decided to write a review :grin: i really do like them and look forward to seeing your business grow. Which it seems like it is since Z.G.R.T is pairing one of their next releases with it!

4 Likes

Yesss!!! I’m super hyped to be providing in the strings for zero gravity’s next drop. Y’all be on the look out for this yoyo, I sounds insane!!!

6 Likes

Ahh man I totally forgot to post an update on the newer version of Legitstrings I ordered. But right in time for the zero gravity release of the Dbearing basilisk (which will come with legit strings)
Here’s the pink and as you can see, no tight loop easy to slip over a yoyo without taking apart no problem. I like both version, still my go to string…

6 Likes

lol im glad this worked, I got so use to really tight ends I kinda forgot about people who haven’t tried to undo a tight end like that

Honestly the tight ends don’t even bother me either, I just think it could for other people. I really like the first version!

2 Likes

Now that legit strings has come with the D bearing basilisk from ZG, does anyone have any words on how they feel about the string? Positive or negative?

(No I don’t have any personal gain or get free string, I really just like the string and want to see his business succeed. Then I don’t have to worry about stock piling lol :anguished:)

1 Like

I second this. I want to know how ppl like or hate the strings I make, what do y’all want from a boutique yoyo string company and what should I avoid. all positive and negative feed back is welcomed

1 Like

I received a good promotion for Legit Strings from Etsy this afternoon.

If I didn’t already have a box full of strings I would order more.

3 Likes

I just checked them on Etsy. The international shipping makes it a bit pricey to give them a try. (It’s close to $17 to ship to europe according to Etsy). This is true for most things sold through Etsy though and I don’t blame the maker.