legacy problems

Hi guys,

I’ve received my legacy about 3 weeks ago.
it started somewhat responsive, then became totaly unresonsive.
but about a week ago it became responsive again, at first it only came back when i pulled it up when trying lacerations, but now its so responsive it comes back when i just tug it with average strength. I tought it was my bearing (KK-bearing) so i replaced it with the bearing that came with the legacy, but the problem kept occuring… i also tried cleaning the bearings several times, still no change. i also checked the response rings, and they are still even/somewhat recessed with the yoyo.

I also noticed that when using the KK-bearing my yoyo tends to tilt faster then with a normal bearing. when i took a close look at it, i noticed that when i throw a sleeper with my KK bearing the string doesnt sit in the centre of the bearing, but a (few) milimeter(s) to the left. with the normal bearing i dont/barely have this problem.

Also, when i flick the bearing with my finger, it barely spins when my finger looses contact with it, maybe a quater or half a spin, but thats all, even when cleaned. is this normal? because on youtube is see ppl flick it and then it spins for a sec or 2 or more. And would a 10 bal-bearing extend this time? Because i think my legacy has a kinde low sleeptime, about a minute when just sleeping, when doing tricks this dramaticly decreases, i often am barely able to complete a combo trick like the matrix or rewind.

well, thats all for now,
Thanks,
Caytorio

It sounds like you screwed the bearing up when you cleaned it. How did you go about cleaning the bearing?

Make sure you clean the bearing with lighter fluid or mineral spirits, and make sure the bearing seat is clean.

i cleaned the bearing with acetone, left them to dry on a piece of papertowel. then i spin them around a few times on a pencil, en use a fan to blow some air through the bearing to blow away all acces acetone. Aftter that i add a few drops of universal lube. I havent gotten any problems with this so far.

extra question, do the yoyoz k-pads fit in a legacy?

thanks, caytorio

I checked everything, bearingseats, bearing, response pads, everything, but i cant find anything that looks diferent from the day i got it.
I also experienced the problems stated above before cleaning the bearing.

caytorio

Dont put too much lube, it might make your bearing responsive.
Try it dry or with the tinyest amount of lube possible, just to make sure weather its come from the bearing or something else.
Other than that, maybe your axel is bent, have you ever drop the yoyo hard enough?

Please don’t double post. Thanks.

Take the bearing out and put it on a pencil and try spinning it with your finger. Does it still only barely spin? Is it kind of hard to move, as if there was something inside the bearing kind of stopping/slowing it down?

Sorry.
Fixed that.