Need help please

i have had a yyj legacy for about two weeks now and it just turned responsive and comes up with the slightest tug i dont no what happened to the bearing. What do u think happened?

Try cleaning the bearing, maybe there is some dirt in it.

Yes, you either got some dirt or something in it or sometimes bearings (at least mine) become responsive for a little while. If it doesn’t go away with play in a few hours, then you might need to clean it.

Well, cleaning the bearing may not be the immediate solution. It is probably the answer, but before cleaning it, open up the yoyo and flick the bearing. When you flick it, how long does it spin?

Also, try to check the bearing seat to see if there is anything in it (besides the bearing of course ;))

Also, try and change the string to see if that’s the problem.

I had the same problem with mine. When I first bought it it was responsive then I broke it in. It played great for about a month and then it lost spin time and was super responsive. I opened it up and cleaned the bearing.(Man those C-rings suck so much) It still didn’t work well, So I looked and there was what looked like plastic shavings in my bearing seat. I just blew them out and now my legacy is super unresponsive… I mean crazy unresponsive.

Maybe your response is coming out?

Take the bearing out and then take it apart you may have some hairs tangled into there so take that out and if not take a cutips and clean it realy good if not the solution is of to paint thinner so for this you’ll have to take a container and fill it up with some “paint thinner” (avalible at your local tool shop) and with bearing with c-clips and side caps of leave it in there for about one minute and the best way to dry it off is using a air compresser if not dry real good with cutips

WARNING CLEANING BEARING WITH PAINT THINNER MAY MAKE BEARING NOISY AND EVEN WORSE ITS ALL A RISK

If you do clean your bearing here is Super Samads Sweet Section for doing so!

Yeah, follow Samad’s guide. You don’t want to use paint thinner. If you would need to go to the store to get some of that anyway, get some Mineral Spirits because that is the best stuff to use for cleaning bearings.

thANKS GUYS I GOT THE BEARING OUT AN D CLEANED IT THEN I PLAYED IT FOR LIKE 2 TO 3 HOURS AND IT IS ALL BETTER ;D