Lefty Players Thread/Appreciation!

He’s not a very good source of info. He doesn’t throw much anymore. For all of the hassles left-handed folks have to put up with I think you get a better deal when it comes to string tension. I would much rather my string losen on inside loops instead of tighten.

1 Like

I don’t know… I think when sting is taught it wraps around itself cleaner than when it it loose. I only say this cause when trying (emphasis on trying) to loop the string gets loose and crazy twisted. Maybe I’m wrong and just letting things get too loose, not sure. It’s messy AF though. :rofl:

I probably should state that I’m right handed.

2 Likes

try doing inside and outside loops to keep from only loosening tension. i’m lefty, inside loops get tighter string, outside loops get looser strings. its opposite for righties and looping. too loose will also cause twistys…

1 Like

I think someone needs to market a the “left-handed” yo-yo that fixes all these problems :wink:

3 Likes

Oh if we’re talking strictly looping I can total see the benefits of using lefty string. Anyone know if loopers use one of each on respective hands in a comp? Seems like an obvious thing to do but I don’t know I’m not a looper lol

Haha!! I need to get my inside loops down first !!

I would guess that the pros don’t bother with L and R handed string for looping. They just know how to manage the tension at each hand.

I mentioned looping because that’s really the only time I experience extremely loose tension and it get hella messy!! But again, maybe that’s because I’m just letting it get too loose.

Abby Brodsky is also left handed.

Just realized Chris Makita is a lefty…I’m trying to figure out some stuff from his vids…now I know how y’all feel having to mirror videos…

2 Likes

“Mirror the video” . Com my friend! Someone recommended it back when I first joined here and it’s arguably been the most helpful thing in yo-yoing for me lol. Copy that whole link and replace YouTube . Com with “mirror the video” it should take you to a link where Chris is now throwing righty

2 Likes