Lefty Players Thread/Appreciation!

I was watching a vid from Evan Nagao and I realized something, this dude throws lefty lmao (yeah, I can be very slow/oblivious). So it got me thinking, who else throws lefty that I’ve just apparently not noticed? Vids are more than welcome. Also S/O to all the lefties on here too, keep mirroring those tuts and having weird/opposite string tension my fellow brethren

7 Likes

If you haven’t watched Mark Mangarin or Kris Toledo yoyo, you should change that. They both have some seriously cool tricks.

2 Likes

So with lefty and a side style throw, your string loosens tension, ya? That seems like it would be more problematic.

1 Like

Winding the Yoyo loosens torrsion for us. Throwing too.

From what I understand, adjusting torrsion is part of the game. Whether loosening or tightening.

3 Likes

I guess when first starting out you don’t really think about how everything’s kinda opposite and it’s a little confusing, but other than that it’s pretty normal, at least to me lol. Maybe I’m just missing out on my pro-potential not trying righty

1 Like

Yep definitely a necessity, no matter which way you do it you still have to adjust either way from time to time

Shion is a lefty

2 Likes

This got uploaded earlier today, Shion is so freaking good.

3 Likes

Mike Monty is the first lefty player that comes to mind for me

4 Likes

Okay yes the freestyle is absolutely fire, but did anyone else pay attention to the song??? That lady’s voice is UNBELIEVABLE lol almost like a Haley Williams/Paramore vibe

1 Like

Yes sir I know Monty, ironically though you posted a vid of him throwing righty lol

1 Like

ah i thought that at first but if you look at the text on his shirt you can see the video is flipped horizontally. but my bad hahah

1 Like

Haha yep you’re right, I was gonna say man he can throw both like that that’s not fair, but I guess 3a players are built like that too

Its really not that problematic. Wehave to adjust the torsion just as much as rightys just the opposite way. However it does pose an issue with 0A and it constantly loosening the torsion can make fixed axles unresponsive really quick. Also Adam Brewster is a lefty as well.

3 Likes

Yesss okay now that you mention it 0a is definitely the most noticeable thing with string/being a lefty

0A; That was one of my biggest hurdles this year starting fixed for the first time in February.

1 Like

Me :joy:

1 Like

Ryota Ogi (1A):

Sean Perez (4A):

4 Likes

YoYo String Lab makes an inverse wind string so lefties can throw like normal people. I got some for my son and he digs it.

5 Likes

I’d love to hear more thoughts on it from your son! I’ve always wanted to try a pack of that stuff just to see if it makes any difference. I just feel like string tension is string tension no matter which way it’s wound, but if I’m missing out on something, lol. I might look into some cotton though for fixie because that’s actually a thing, it does get semi unresponsive quick

1 Like