Left handed yoyoers

I wondered the same thing for a while about guitar and then someone explained to me that your dominant hand is often the hand with better rhythm, and that dictates how left or right handed guitar might feel more comfortable.

Rythm…is…in…the…hands?

Whatnow?

Pretty sure rythm is a brain thing. Not a bodypart thing. But I’m no scientist/pro musician. What do I know?

1 Like

I’m also a lefty living in a right handed world. its tough being right brained sometimes.

That’s all true. No matter what ideas you have, the strumming hand is paramount.

I like this topic!

I’ve actually been training myself to yoyo left handed for quite some time as I feel it’s a valuable skill to have to be able to do a lot of tricks both right and left handed.
While I mainly use my right hand, I’ve always been on and off dominant with my left with other things like eating and occasionally writing.

One thing interesting to note is that I will often find new mounts and formations doing tricks on my left that I couldn’t seem to figure out immediately on my right.

L̸̛͎̮̫͙̼͉̔̿̿͌̐̀̔ ̷̙̩͉͇͙̎E̵͎͉̝͈͋̏ ̸̤͚̊F̴̲̰̹̀́̐͗͒̌́͐̎ ̵̢̲̰̘̻́̀̈ͅT̵̩̣̣͕̖͇̤̤̤͊̏̾͗̀͌̕͠ ̷̤̬̠̜̄̐͊̉̈́̈́̎͘̚Y̶̖̫̯̣̫͒̋̍̌͛̈ ̴̨̄̔͑̀̓̊̎̎ ̶̛̫̹̜͇̽Ḅ̶̨̱́͌͋ ̸̢͉̝͛͛̈́̀̅̀̌́̕͜Y̶̨̛͍͙̹̠̯̜̣̳̍̎͒͝ ̷̣̣̪̗̀̽̔̂͊̀̕ ̶̬̔̇̉̈́̈́̕͝͝C̷̺̞̣̈́̋̏̑̇͑͗͝ ̵̹̦́͐̽͘H̷̬͎̻̽̍̈́ ̵̥̥̭̥̜̬̙̹̈̀̏̿̈́̅̀̄̚͜Ø̴̛̬̳̻̥̖̞̠̍̇̋̈́̾̄͘ ̵̡̬̟̦̽̓̍̊͗I̴̹͍͕͔͉̲̰͉̒̓̾̈́͐̑̚͜ ̴͙͙͉̾͊́̍̅̈́͝C̸̹̤̻͖̩̼̼̀͌̎͂̿ ̸͇̳̟̙͇̺̲͚̒̾͌̓͝3̸̗͖̰̱͔̹͎͓̾̎̀̓͒͜‽̸̥͋̈́̒͐̅̑

4 Likes

Pretty sure Mike Monty is a lefty too guys!!

Sometimes ■■■■■■■■■■.com has lefty tutorials

Noted

Throw Yo is offering any String he makes in Left-Handed Twist now. The cool part is you can pick your material and thickness because it is all made to order.

3 Likes

As are Evan Nagao and Mir Kim… <both lefties🥸

2 Likes

Keanu Reeves is a leftie as well*

*unconfirmed whether he is an avid yoyo collector

4 Likes

One more lefty checkin in

1 Like

So I have now summoned the villagers to come with their pitchforks and torches to burn this evil left-handed thread to the ground…:rofl:
I’m kidding by the way…the villagers stopped using pitchforks a long time ago.
So I am not left-handed but apparently I AM left-eyed…(pauses for effect)
So when I went to firing range for the first time in the Army, the drill sergeants will do a test to see which is your dominant eye…yes, you have one of those. So even though I’m right handed, I’m also left eye dominant and so the Drill Sergeants made me fire left handed. As a result I can fire a rifle or a pistol to this day right or left handed with equal precision. Of course…the shaking does have a negative impact these days…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
P.S. I didn’t really call the villagers. :wink:

3 Likes

Yup! Just click on a string in the shop and select your thickness and hand preference!

2 Likes

You can choose to join us. Try it for a month and if you’re life is better we’ll start a movement!

After more than 15 years with a counterweight I only really think of TH and NTH when doing breakaways and binds, but I try to learn everything mirrored.

2 Likes

I can yoyo with both but cant play 3a.

1 Like

They call me Richie wrong handed.

2 Likes

I’m always down for some more left-handed tidbits.

I’m right handed, but I’ve always been fascinated by left-hand culture, so much so that I had attempted to learn to do things with my left hand, namely, writing (but I’ve stopped because the last time I’ve put pen to paper for anything bigger than a post-it has been… Gosh, a few months, and before that, years.

Throwing left-handed (ball, not yoyo) has eluded me. I cannot seem to throw well, despite practicing, admittedly irregularly. I still throw left handed like a girl (not a derision, just a description).

1 Like

Fellow lefty here!

Learning new tricks is a pain because 99% of throwers are righties.

2 Likes

So happy to see all these left handed yoyoers!

2 Likes