Led removal - Sochi loop spinners

Does anyone know how to remove the leds from these yoyos? They shipped with dead batteries. Wanted to be able to replace them or remove the boards entirely. Fogured out how to get the caps off but the board seems to be stuck in with some sort of adhesive and there is no room to get a tool under it.

1 Like

i just pried mine out, the adhesive will give, just gotta find somethin to get under it, i used a weirdly sized spoon.

2 Likes

Spoon is a good idea. I tried a small screwdriver and it was denting the plastic a little so i gave up.

If you don’t want to chance prying you could pour a small amount of alcohol down into the cavity so it can soak into and break down the adhesive. The boards should be unaffected as the batteries are dead but it still may be a good idea to remove the batteries before using the alcohol.

Can’t remove them while in the yoyo unless you break them out. They slide out and there isn’t enough room.

I would still not be afraid to use this method if you can’t get the boards to pry out. Good luck.

Unhappy with the weight of the boards?

Edit: never mind. Reading comprehension fail.

Edit2: Isn’t that the battery that’s accessible right on the top?

Honestly I would reach out to the place I bought them about dead batteries that’s kind of lame.

1 Like

Yeah they have a cage over them though.

Got them from yoyoexpert. I don’t blame them though they were wrapped in plastic. Guessing they just died in storage.

Yeah that’s a pretty dumb design looking at it. You would think they would use like a clip in system not adhesive as you have to remove the board to swap the batteries. Less excited to get a pair of those now

Yeah i only bought them because the pink is sold out non led. Read they were identical minus the board so not a big loss. But was at least hoping to see them light up before i destroyed the led boards.

I almost can’t believe I’m asking you this question, mainly because I almost can’t believe you didn’t do what I’m about to ask you already.

If…… you buy LED yoyo(s) from Yoyoexpert, and they are dead on arrival, why didn’t you just contact Yoyoexpert and tell the,m, ‘Hello, I just recently purchased 2 light up looping yo-yos from your Store. The light boards are non functional. I don’t know whether the boards are defective or the batteries were just DOA?

Can I send this pair back for a pair that actually works?

seems like a legit situation to me🤓

1 Like
1 Like

Figured it wasn’t worth the hassle. And leds are not important just a plus.

You should get what you paid for…

The allen wrench in that video may be a good idea to get under the board thank you. Will try that. That led board also looks like a better design could change the battery while still in the yoyo.

1 Like