I'm dissapointed with YYF.

I had ordered a POPstar on the first day it was released, and it play’d fine.

The only problem was that the yoyo would unscrew itself over time playing.

The string fell into the bearing cup of the yoyo, and is now stuck.
I tried all I could do to remove the string, and the bearing after time.

I wiggled the bearing to try and pop it out, but it would not.
I tried contacting YYF and their responses were very generic, and sounded more of a robot than a person.

YFF and me via email.

All I can say is, I’m very dissatisfied with YYF. It’ll be a long time until I buy another yoyo from this company.

I’d rather throw away this yoyo than wait a week and pay shipping to fix something that was wrong with their product.

Maybe it’s just my high temper, but to have one of the best, and most prefered yoyo company in the us, I would make sure the customer always has satisfaction with their product.

It looks to me like they tried to resolve the issue for you.

When string gets wedged in between a bearing it will make the bearing far more difficult to remove - nature of the bearing seat.

At least they offered to fix it no questions asked - not to mention they replied to multiple emails.

Our recommendation is to grab the bearing with pliers and wiggle it out. If it breaks in the process email us: Contact@YoYoExpert.com

I would also suggest that you put something like a napkin/thin cloth around the bearing when you are removing it with pliers, as there wont be damage done to the surface of the bearing, and wont cause gashes on the bearing if it slips.

i personally think that they handled themselves great in this situation.

Got a picture of the issue?

So, let me get this straight: You had an issue, and you contacted the company for a resolution. They not only gave you a solution you could do yourself, but offered to do it for you if couldn’t handle it on your own. They answered every question that you asked, and gave you multiple options for simple resolution, including a complete refund. Correct?

Wow, what a terrible company! How dare they be so efficient and helpful?!?! Who do they think they are?

Seriously dude? You’d rather throw away a $25 yo-yo than send it back for free to the retailer for a complete refund or pay $5 for shipping and wait a week or two to get direct manufacturer service?

It’s pretty obvious that they ARE offering complete customer satisfaction, but you’re more worried about drama than resolution.

Way to blow such a simple, first-world problem entirely out of proportion.

So i always like to get both sides of any story, and i still dont see how YYF is in the wrong. Even if it was a robot answering ur replies, it was still super helpfull. So take a breath, count to 10, and get that damn bearing out. Throw a fresh string on it and throw… Enough said

I guess your standard for satisfaction is really high.

Wow, people like the OP are the #1 reason why I hate working in customer service!

For example:

Customer: I have a problem. Here it is…

Cusomer Service: Sorry to here that! Here are some solutions… A, B, and C.

Customer: So you’re not going to do anything to help me?"

Customer Service: HUH??? I have helped you. Maybe it’s not what you were hoping to hear, but I have given you solution A, B, and C! If you don’t want to take either solution A, B, or C, then that’s your problem. There is no solution X, Y, and Z.

Customer: You have the worst customer service EVAR! I’M TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW.

Customer Service: Sorry to hear that, if you’d like to proceed with solution A, B, or C, let us know and we would be happy to assist.

The bottom line is you can please most of the people most of the time, but you can’t please everyone all the time. There’s always going to be people that complain no matter what.

What were you expecting? For them to ship you a whole new yoyo for free without you even sending the original back? Not going to happen sorry. You’re not going to get a whole new yoyo, when the one you have is perfectly fine.

YoYoFactorys answers were above satisfactory.
Topic locked.

1 Like