Learning from each other/Novus run...please?

When two people have been friends and then in business together for a period of time, things can tend to get stale and routine within the relationship…but life, as we all know, is a never ending string of challenges from which we all learn…

My question is…What can you say you’ve learned from Shawn throughout your time together, both in business and friendship? What might Shawn say he’s taken away from his experience with you? What’s left to learn going forward?

Feel free to get his thoughts on the topic, if he doesn’t mind…if he does, just make his answer up :slight_smile:
Thanks for taking the time!

P.S. Whats the story on the absence of the Novus and may we please see a future run? My S.E.'s are all over the place :wink:

Tough question. We have been friends since 1991 so it’s a long relationship. And we have worked together daily now for the last ten years.

One of the first pieces of business advice we received was when we first rented out a space for One Drop in 2001. Our neighbor ran a florist type business but they were closing shop. We asked them for advice and they said that “Partners” was the most challenging part of running a business.

I think we have just the right chemistry between us that makes this work. We don’t always agree on things but the foundation is respect for each other so we don’t really have disputes. We know how to work through issues. I guess you could say that love and respect is what powers One Drop.

Specifically I’ve learned so much from Shawn about manufacturing, machining and how stuff is made. None of that was in my background coming into this. I have a degree in Philosophy and a business/IT background.

I’ve also learned what long time friendship means from Shawn. How blessed am I to have a friend like that?

5 Likes

ps we might make more Novus …

2 Likes

Novus? probably doing more in the future, don’t hold me to a timeline though :slight_smile: What have I learned from David? The usual things you learn from people you’ve known for a long time: loyalty, patience, new ideas, fresh perspectives on old ideas. One big thing I’m (still)learning from David is how to fill out a pile of forms where the top of each form wants your name, address, SS#, without losing my mind and flying into a blind rage, the absurdity of that system gets me every time! Seriously, do you need my info ON EVERY DAMNED PAGE!?! Don’t you have it on file already?!? Do you even know about kumpewters?!? Sorry, clearly I haven’t fully learned this lesson yet…

6 Likes