Learnig 'Trapeze

Sounds like you know what you’re doing. Just practice. It’s all about muscle memory. Eventually you won’t have to think, or look at your yoyo at all. Keep at it!

And just remember, we all miss a trapeze every now and then.

I don’t care anymore, I give up on yoyo

y would you do that :cry:

No you won’t, Get out there and throw!

try a reg sleep rather than a breakaway (I do it)

that’s called an Over mount. it’s good to practice with but it’s better with a breakaway to prepare you for future tricks like Double or Nothing, Kwijibo, Buddha’s Revenge, etc.

Try moving your finger closer to the yo-yo and pull your throw hand away from your non-throw hand just a tiny bit as the yo-yo is above your non-throw hand and starting to come down. I hope this helps.

hello,

If you are indeed using a wooden yoyo- you can do the trapeze, its just a matter of listening to the great advice all these experts are giving you -and trying each suggestion.

make a check list=
-straighten the throw (after fixed don’t stand by a wall it helps envision a parallel plane to your body)
-use a wall keep the yo traveling in one plane
-you are very close , just missing on the inside!
-when you throw the breakaway -keep both feet level and on the ground don’t shift around.
-line up the swing of the breakaway and the string gap
-allow the yoyo to land don’t try to bring your finger to the yoyo. (that is more an advanced 'feel) ie allow the yoyo to mount the string- you control the string not the yoyo per say…
-focus only on a perfect straight plane of trajectory… the string- when it touches the bottom of the free hand finger ‘control the string’ (be still and the yoyo will land eventually).
-try to do this with a ‘dead’ cheap duncan butterfly yoyo.
-if you breakaway is too fast you need to remember string tension because :

Every breakaway in the right hand is like a downward throw- it tightens the string tension 1/8 turn. throw a saucer or lariat to fix it ‘left is loose’ - this is why I recommend the dead butterfly yoyo it is heavy enough to balance that you can get a feel for the mount better. you cannot do this with a dead wooden yoyo- as fine as the bc is.

1 Like

Btw, When you’re starting Xdohl you also do the same thing? you gonna face in the wall?, I have seen so many breakaways, Some same what andre does, Like a muscle, some are aligned in the front of their shoulders, and some are like muscle but it doesn’t touch the shoulder like Augie.

Is it all okay?, Or you really recommend what andre does?, Because I’m confused. :cry:

It doesn’t matter. Its just a method of practicing.

make sure your breakaway is straight so if you land the yoyo on the string it would be straight and it would spin longer. after a few hours you’ll get it. it happened to me before too

please read my apology post…

I have worked more on straightening my breakaway this was the problem it was not as straight as I thought. I worked on this and I am now getting about 70% to 80% success.

I do think having a better yo yo (YYJ kickside) now might be a small part of my success. I now only have 2 wooden yo yos. The B C natural and my Tom Kuhn No Jive.

The B C natural changes spin direction when it lands on the string and goes back toward my non-throw finger and stops. Landing a very narrow gap imperial shape is existing though ;D

I, for some odd and unknown reason can’t get much spin from my No Jive, so it lands on the string and slows down stops and twists horizontally. ???

I also went and got myself a Duncan butterfly just to see what a fixed axle butterfly shape would be like. I have a great deal of appreciation for fixed axle yo yos. ;D