Latest TP Solenoid Differences?

Does anybody know if there have been any tweaks between tbe latest Turning Point Solenoid and the 2010 model?

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’m only going to get crickets here. I’ll ask Turning Point directly.

I would say there is not much of difference in both version except may be the material because back in before 2012 they used 7075 and now they used like 6061 for the new Solenoid. This makes also difference in price that 180 in 2010 and 140 now, which is quite of a good discount

Are you sure about this? I don’t know if they ever used 7075. Kentaro himself hates using 7075.

How is $20 less better value if its now both 6061 instead of 7075 and machined in China instead of Japan?

I honestly don’t care if it’s 6061 and machined in China, I mainly just want to know if the design has been updated at all.

3 Likes

Well it’s better value in term of design and more affordable for everyone.
I know he stated that he hated 6061 but it was back then the Positron is said that it is 7075 along with AX so it’s really weird if he made 6061 and still charge 180 for it. I could be wrong but that’s what I know from international thrower that I met back then at AP.

Are there any design differences between the 2010 and 2023 version?

2 Likes

I suppose you may have answered my question. If it is indeed now 6061 instead of 7075 there would have to have been a redesign.

1 Like

im pretty sure TP has never used 7075, except on the ExMachina, which is a YYF collab. A 7075 TP would be big news if it would have ever happened.

Solenoid is a rerun of a 10 year old yoyo machined in china while still keeping outdated prices.

its kinda dumb imo.

edit:

OG solenoid
imagen

New Solenoid

OG specs
imagen

New Specs
imagen

it appears to be the exact same thing.

8 Likes

I wonder why they kept the price the same?

Thanks for the confirmed info from you. Then from the info I heard back then is probably an assumption from people that hype up the release back then. I take it as my fault, my apology.

2 Likes

Well looks like I just made a dumb purchase.:grimacing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

output-onlinegiftools-1

2 Likes

Trolling Point.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think my purchase was dumb. I know I paid a lot for an older design, but the yoyo looks like it would be something I’d love.

2 Likes

Now, the good news. The Solenoid is an excellent mono metal yo-yo.

I think it was ahead of its time when it was released. For that reason, it has held up over time and is still relevant today. As far as pricing and origin of manufacture, can/are debatable points.

Kentaro is a yo-yo design Mastermind. And an excellent player. He has an extremely high batting average at releasing High Performance yo-yos. He has No reason to release or re-release any yo-yo that might give people reason to whine.

Kentaro loves the Solenoid, always has. I have no way of knowing if it is actually ‘Kentaros’ new favorite yo-yo’ as the description suggests’?

But since Kentaro has both an excellent Business and Reputation, I can see no logical reason why he would re-release a yo-yo into his Turning Point line unless he felt it was still relevant.

My personal opinion is there are numerous mono metal yo-yos at lower price points, that are also great performers.

So, there is certainly no pressure or urgency to pay top dollar for a mono metal.

But if you want a Turning Point. And you want a Solenoid…. Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.

4 Likes

Thanks, Doc’, I paid and I’m sure gonna play!

I got a Turning Point 2 this week. It simply blew my mind how good it was. Its exactly the kind of feel, and performance I was looking for in a yoyo that size. I checked out the Solenoid and that also looks like the exact kind of full sized yoyo I want to throw.

I’m sure Im going to love it.

1 Like

I think they kept the price because they could. Solid yoyo but that price is big ouch.

1 Like

Yrah, I reckon he’s cashing in on it as an old revered model.

Thats the vibe I got as well

The Solenoid is a yoyo I looked at years ago and never would have bought. Had I have known back then just how good Turning Point yoyos were, I would have bought one.

4 Likes