Last Step of Turntablism

I’ve been having trouble with the last step of turntablism, the GT part. The original video by Xela has been locked down because of music rights and the other videos don’t show this last step very clearly. Either the person’s hands obscure the shot or they are so far away it doesn’t matter.

Anyway, my problem is that when I land the yoyo on the string for the last step I have this bit of slack because the yoyo doesn’t drop into the sort of wrist mount position, but sits on the string about an inch from my hand. I’ve seen a video where this happens and it doesn’t seem to matter, but when I do the last undercut all of the slack wraps around the bearing and the response catches.

Considering so much of this trick depends on subtleties, I feel like I’m missing some very small detail.
Any help would be appreciated.

I learned Turntablism quite a while back and I love the trick… used to perform it all the time, one of my go-to tricks. However, I was never able to learn the last little GT part either. No clue why, but it always responded and shot back to my hand when I landed into the GT.

Not helpful at all to you, I realize, but just thought it may be a little consolation knowing that you’re not the only one who’s had issues with that part. I guess we’ll both to see if anyone else has any tips.

It’s the angle at which you are holding your throw hand hits helped for me. Your fingers on the throw hand should be angled down slightly fingers toward the floor for the slack to fall correctly. whatch the vid again you can see it.

meaning when you land it there you want the yoyo to move towards your finger tips not towards your wrist.

just learned this trick today and I’m not having this problem. ???

Try making your underpass bigger, this gives some time for the slack to pass through the gap.
Also, keep your throw hand higher than your non-throwhand

thank you all for the help. i’m still having a bit of trouble with the ending the way i see it in the video, but i did find out that if you drop the string from your TH pointer before you do the underpass it frees up the string and makes the trick much much easier. i’m working on trying to do it right, though, and everyone’s advice has been really helping.