KonKave Bearing vs. One Drop 10-Ball bearing

Was that a joke, I really don’t see the fun in debating.

Yea it was a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. You are right, he doesn’t have the best bearing. But he uses the DM cause he LOVES it and in his opinion it’s the best yoyo. Just cause a yoyo is metal doesn’t mean it’s the best or better than other yoyos. For example I and probably many other people would like the PGM or better than the metal zero (and the PGM cost less).

I hope this helps. I coipied and pasted the guide I wrote.( edited by GM user)

Hi, it’s JDrocks!. This is a guide for every one out there. I read a lot of posts arguing about bearings, so I decided to make a guide please tell me what you think.

YYJ bearings- now as you probably know these are in all yyj yoyos. They can be customized to play how you want. These are stock bearings. They can be played responsive, unresponsive, etc. These can also fit YYF if they are the same size. ( there are three diffrent sizes of YYJ bearings small, large , and extra large) YYF bearings are the size large YYJ bearings.

YYF bearings- these are in yoyo factory yoyos. These bearing come ready for unresponsive play and long sleep time right out of the box! There are different kinds of YYF bearings there are Dorothy- which are the old version bearings. They are wonderfull and silent when they are new but after a while they get noise and bad in general. That’s why they are replaced by SPEC bearings now. These are high preforming bearings and they very constant with the quality. Finally there’s the 1/2 spec. It the same as Spec but skinnier for a nerrower gap.

KK bearing- Now this bearing was designed to center the string. This is especially useful for intermediate players who cant center there sting and have a bad throw, but can bind. Once cleaned they are very good player. but if you can center the string it doesn’t make much of a difference. The thing that makes the string so centered is that the center of the bearing is caved in. That prevents the bearing string from the sides of the yoyo or response, allowing it to have greater spin times. It was made by a yoyo company named Dif-E-Yo.

10-ball bearing- finally the “great” 10-ball. Just like the YYF they are great once broken in, very silent, very constant, and a very good player over all. They will take up to 2 months to break in, but can take about 1 week.This bearing is for advanced player who can use unresponsive yoyos and can center the string. Without a centered string you can not use it to its full advantage. It is made out of Chrome -Steel, and you probably know that it’s packed with 10 balls for very long spin time.

Ceramic Bearings- There are 2 types of ceramic bearings, the Ceramic KonKave and the Dorothy. Dorothys are not produced, but can still be found at some stores. The Ceramic Bearings look like any regular bearing, but they have ceramic balls inside of them. This makes it have much more spin time, and they may last much longer than regular bearings.

Notice this is my first guide so tell me how I did.(couldn’t put pictures for some reason)

I give a BIG thanks to GM user he is the one who edited my guide, and put in the Ceramic Bearings so I give much Thanks to you GM user!

Dorothy bearings aren’t ceramic.

Acording to whoever runs the Redondo Beach Sunshine Kite Company, they are.

Well, hes wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll get proof from Ben soon.

Liar! (the guy from redondo)

This is a guide for every one out there. I read a lot of posts arguing about bearings, so I decided to make a guide please tell me what you think.

YYJ bearings- now as you probably know these are in all yyj yoyos. They can be customized to play how you want. These are stock bearings. They can be played responsive, unresponsive, etc. These can also fit YYF if they are the same size. ( there are three diffrent sizes of YYJ bearings small, large , and extra large) YYF bearings are the size large YYJ bearings.

YYF bearings- these are in yoyo factory yoyos. These bearing come ready for unresponsive play and long sleep time right out of the box! There are different kinds of YYF bearings there are Dorothy- which are the old version bearings. They are wonderfull and silent when they are new but after a while they get noise and bad in general. That’s why they are replaced by SPEC bearings now. These are high preforming bearings and they very constant with the quality. Finally there’s the 1/2 spec. It the same as Spec but skinnier for a nerrower gap.

KK bearing- Now this bearing was designed to center the string. This is especially useful for intermediate players who cant center there sting and have a bad throw, but can bind. Once cleaned they are very good player. but if you can center the string it doesn’t make much of a difference. The thing that makes the string so centered is that the center of the bearing is caved in. That prevents the bearing string from the sides of the yoyo or response, allowing it to have greater spin times. It was made by a yoyo company named Dif-E-Yo.

10-ball bearing- finally the “great” 10-ball. Just like the YYF they are great once broken in, very silent, very constant, and a very good player over all. They will take up to 2 months to break in, but can take about 1 week.This bearing is for advanced player who can use unresponsive yoyos and can center the string. Without a centered string you can not use it to its full advantage. It is made out of Chrome -Steel, and you probably know that it’s packed with 10 balls for very long spin time.

Ceramic Bearings- There is 1 type of ceramic bearing, the Ceramic KonKave. The Ceramic Bearings look like any regular bearing, but they have ceramic balls inside of them. This makes it have much more spin time, and they may last much longer than regular bearings.

Notice this is my first guide so tell me how I did.(couldn’t put pictures for some reason)

I give a BIG thanks to GM user he is the one who edited my guide, and put in the Ceramic Bearings so I give much Thanks to you GM user!

Thanks, JDrocks!

If they were ceramic, YYN’s description would of said so. :slight_smile:

And they also would have cost a heck of a lot more than $9.99.

CLYW just released their own ceramic bearings at their store (Not KonKave). They’re selling them for $17.