KonKave Bearing vs. One Drop 10-Ball bearing

I have a ceramic kk bearing and it was completely silent. ;D Then I put thin lub in and its noisy. ??? Is that bad or good? Cause I thought if a bearing get noisy it means its getting broken in.

Definetly go with a ceramic KonKave bearing. Lasts longer than stainless steel. 10-balls are good, also, but their stainless steel. Whatever you like more. I’m sure there are differences, but to me, if you want to buy a M1 10-ball, its just 2 more balls than a standard 8-ball YoYoJam, or YoYoFactory SPEC/Dorothy.

Do I have to say this again??

This the question, 10ball=$8, CKK=$30 BUT, does the the CKK play 3 and 3/4 times better then a 10 ball?
I THINK NOT! The 10 ball is smooth, quiet, last a long time, and is cheap, the CKK is far from cheap, I could buy a PGM 2 with that amount of money, it may be quiet, it may last a long time, but it is not worth it when you could just buy a another yoyo and have even more fun with that. Say the CKK lasts 4 years and the 10ball lasts 2, you have to buy 2 10 balls to live the smae amount of a CKK but 2 10 balls is $16, almost half the amount of a CKK. You would get about 6 years from buying 3 10 balls for $24 and you would get 4 years from getting a CKK for $30 and the 10 balls would STILL be cheaper. All in all dont watse your cash on a CKK, get a 10 ball

Lol…2 more balls… :stuck_out_tongue: Those 2 balls make a difference!

10-Balls last a lot longer than 2 years. Mine has easily lasted me almost one and it’s not showing any sign of dying…

Yea, I said “let say” cuz I wasn’t sure.

people keep on say stuff like “if a stainless steel kk bearing is $15 and a ckk is $30 then the ckk should play twice as good as the stainless steel.” thats not at all true. the difference of just 30 seconds could mean the difference of failing a trick verses succeeding which in the end could make you twice as good as a player (if your you are running out of spin). and if your not running out of spin, you still have a longer spin time than you did before and therefore you could have longer and better tricks.

never used a 10 ball but i would just go for the best bearing even if it does cost a good bit more.

10 ball bearing for me, I don’t know why but I don’t really like KK.

I also just got an m1. I have not tried a kk, but my m1 one came with a ten ball and it works great. It centers the string very well.

The CKK might spin for 30 seconds more but really, $30? you pay 50 cents per second more then a regular KK. Its rediculous. If you look at andre he has a STOCK YYJ bearing and he can do all those crazy freestyles and wins! Look at Yuuki also, he doesnt use a CKK and yet he still wins worlds. You can use a spec, or 10 ball and still win worlds. In the long run it isn’t the bearing, its the thrower. So dont waste $30 bucks on a bearing, waste $30 bucks on a yoyo! Well…not waste…but you get the point. I bet Yuuki or Andre can still place very high at worlds with a stock FHZ or PGM or Legacy so a yoyo would be much better then a $30 bearing.

This is all a matter of what you would like, need and pay for. Let’s see:

Would you like the extra spin time of a CKK?
Sure!
Do you need the extra spin time of a CKK?
No
Do you want to pay 30 dollars for something you don’t need?
If I was growing money like grass, yes, but sadly, no.

I use stock bearings in all my yoyos. It gives me enough spin time and string centering has never been a real issue for me. I have a SPEC bearing lying around, but I keep that one as a spare.

Addment: Every yoyo comes with a bearing, what’s wrong with them?

1 Like

Guys, keep an eye out for posts like that.

“You don’t need to have the best, to be the best.”

KonKave bearings don’t center strings, they make the yo-yo spin longer.

All you need is something to get the job done.

It’s the other way around.

Ummmm…konkaves do center the string…thus making the yoyo sleep longer depending on your throw.

Oh, duh, sorry, I meant they DO straighten the string, but the throw could effect it.

Yeah, it won’t fix a crooked throw.

Trust me, man. STICK WITH YOUR TEN-BALL!!!

Some people will say the KonKave is better. Some will say the 10-ball is better. There really isn’t a big difference. (Not $15, anyway)

I really don’t know why people are so into changing bearings. The only bearing I’d ever change is a Duncan or maybe a YYJ.

Don’t waste $15 :wink:

Ya the bearings more, and it’s mostly the thrower, but I’m saying if you want to be the BEST you can possibly be, go with the best bearing regardless of the cost.

O and i didn’t know how long the bearings spin so you can’t say your paying 50 cents for an extra second. It could be 75 cents or 25 cents.

Everyone, I don’t see much reason to repeat all of this and keep this “debate” about preference going. This post was from April.

Its fun to debate :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, like MANY people have said you dont need the best to be best. Look at Andre again, he has a DM, not a metal, a metal rimmed, and yet he still wins many many competitions. Hes the yoyo national master and he doesnt use a metal.