Klondike-posting Thread: Post/discuss your CLYW Klondikes!

Threw in a different bearing with a little V4M lube and it’s now dead silent and on glass. I haven’t played enough high end yo-yos/bimetals to know if that’s normal or not but it just seems incredible to me :joy:

5 Likes

Gang gang

14 Likes

agreed I can’t put it down. Told my gf " i could probably sell my collection and just have a few of these fr fr"

5 Likes

Last thing I’ll say for awhile I promise lol, I’m usually not a fan of duplicates in the collection unless it’s like a fh1 or something with a lot of cool special editions etc. But I’d honestly cop pretty much any cool colorway in this no hesitation. An Unknown would be sick, I’m a big fan of bip bop, any of the “berries” “nebula” etc etc.

2 Likes

I collect 28s so I was blessed with this but I would die for a zip zap or bip bop, also a sakura pink color would hiiiiittt. Steve anounced new round of colors dropping for worlds :smiley:

1 Like

a lot of high end have that glass feel. My 28s klondike came like that out the box. I did swap for a hybrid ceramic bearing tho just for fun

1 Like

Didn’t see that heck yeah, probably will end up getting another then lol, you can’t have enough of these in my humble opinion.

And even most bimetals? I mean for the money I was definitely expecting a fairly smooth yoyo but this was a very nice surprise haha. My legato 2 is pretty damn smooth too but I think the Klondike is still a tad smoother

the clyw discord is big vibes that’s where Steve updated about colors. That was today too so ya might have missed it if you haven’t been on today.

In my experience, YYR, TP, JT tend to put out glass smooth bi metals. G2 has many glass smooth ones as well. At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, the japanese got the design magic on LOCK.

Oh shout out Motion yoyos every single bi metal they have is equally glass smooth as well. and that’s a term I do not use lightly.

My 28s klondike already lost that glass smooth feel idk how but i also don’t care it’s my edc klondike anyways so it’s just getting loved is all :smiley:

I’m sure there’s others I just haven’t tried all the brands myself

2 Likes

Mine is very smooth, kinda disturbing :grin: Decided on the 28 Stories after @Albertino talked about it. I figured I couldn’t go wrong with that since it’s well known that all Italian men wear Armani and drive Ferrari’s :grin:

8 Likes

Stock pads were too grabby and I couldn’t go any longer without getting the ultra grey in there. Did my other throws that didnt have it yet while I was at it.

6 Likes

Guys only 2 words:

MAMMA MIA

As written in the mail thread, I am absolutely loving it after couple of hours of playing, yesterday night I silicone it and put a DS bearing, just waiting that it dry properly (should be ready now but I wait a bit more), have to say that I would like another one lmao

Already by stock it was playing insane, like the bearing and the return system was fine but I want to try it on my usual reliable setup that I like to see how much more I can push it!

One of the best yoyos of 2023? Lets say absolutely yes, top 3 for me for sure.

This is my first CLYW yoyo and have to say that the quality is amazing, I had a sort of stupid block on them cause not fan of the aesthetic generally in the branding and similar but this yoyo slaps, my girlfriend did loved the pin said “this is so cute”

Also guys, the CLYW pads are normal? They looks soooo thick compared what I find in every other yoyo, I did my siliconing it needed a nice and good amount, tbh I like that seems more reliable those type of pads.

10 Likes

Lmaooooooo man this 28 stories is my favourite colourway ever, it looks so good, sadly I never tried a ferrari but have been in a porsche which is not italian :rofl: about Armani, in Italy you find it also in discount stores for couple of € lmaoooo you describe me perfectly a cheap Italian :rofl::rofl:

Joking man, thanks for the trust, have to be honest except the hulk smash (even if @bheinz63 make it looks so good in his pictures) I did loved all the colourways!

6 Likes

YES DUDE! So happy you finally got yours, I know you had a bit of a wait there so I’m glad you finally were able to get it and take it for a spin. Love the good report and couldn’t agree more.

And yeah, CLYW pads are slightly bigger than the standard 19mm pads. I personally love the feel, super solid binds every time. But if you’re using get string, people may wanna silicone the grooves themselves or use the slightly thinner CLYW pads.

Please keep us posted once your silicone dries and you’re able to put some time in on it :metal::metal::metal:

5 Likes

Its 3:42 in UK and I am up from 2am but in this case not because the Klondike is straight fire which it is but because I had a bad allergic reaction at idk what, feeling better luckily now but dont want go back to sleep so I take 2 minutes to write this post.

This yoyo is having some very well deserved hype.

The quality of the yoyo is amazing, it feels good in the hand and it feels good to throw it, I think this is one of the rare cases where I was very happy to spend the money for a yoyo in the 100$ price bracket which usually annoy me a bit.

After play it stock, I played with it around 8 hours with my favourite grey permatex silicone and a DS platinum bearing and I noticed that the perfomance become even better and greater with my favourite setup.

The spin time is probably the best of all the yoyos I have, I go easily through all my long combos with enough spin time to bind easily, which is absolutely insane.

The stability and control I think again is one of the best I have ever experienced, tech, zontal and even more the horizontal behind the back, I found this yoyo incredibly easy to control during horizontal behind the back, the combos flow really easily and I do not even need to care about the yoyos, this make the whole playing experience incredibly fun.
During my tech and meta combos I noticed how easy to flow during transitions and the yoyo seems want you to close your tricks, a very interesting feeling, arm and body tricks too, the stability of this yoyo keep it perfectly on it’s axis and let you have fun trying some new and more crazy combos.

The shape of the yoyo itself helps so much in slacks and rejection, I am a bit lover of the Unprld - Seiji and the Klondike reminds me that yoyo a bit mostly in the rejection department, slacks are clean and easy to hit, there is a big catch zone and its easy to also hit hooks and whips, its such a refreshing feel.

I do love the weight and its distribution in this yoyo, it feels perfectly balanced, present on the string without feel heavy or sluggish, it feels nimble and powerful, make me want to spin my combos even more harder.

Had an immediate big feeling with this yoyo, it felt right from the first throw, I do not have big hands and the size of the yoyo matter to me, the Klondike stay at a 55.60mm more or less, so around a standard size but it feels somehow smaller.

The Klondike reminds me my favourite yoyos all packed up in one absolute power machine, you get served in every field during your playing and in case you are a slower chill player do not worry, you can keep it down and nice and just flow with it is really a yoyo for everyone and for everything.

When you think yoyoing reached its peak in products then someone comes with something new and more powerful, this is exciting my friends.

Ah yes I forget, I already dinged it :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

This is the only 100+ yoyo I have that actually felt like a really good deal for the price. Hades and Titanic are fairly priced, I got a good deal on my Vosun Haeli but it is not really a performer. As someone with less experience, this yoyo feels like an instant classic. It just goes forever. I hope they make more runs of this so more people get a chance to play it. I’d buy another colorway sometime! I only like 28S of the currently released colorways, but I’d be down for some other ones. Something purple/pink/yellow perhaps?

That just means you need another :rofl:

4 Likes

Pretty sure there were more colourways on the asian shop where the first release happened, sadly all sold out!
I do like the blue a lot but my friend trust me, me and the mint yoyos are not friends at all, I ding everything I touch :rofl:

3 Likes

Good news (bad from a financial standpoint tho :skull:) is that Steve said another run with more colors were dropping @ Worlds in person and those same colors will be available sometime after the contest. He also said Black Bip Bop is one of the colorways coming but wouldn’t name anything else. Gonna be copping the BBB for sure, and if there’s a Beach Party coming, I’ll have no choice but to grab one of those as well.

It’s #BankruptForKlondikes season baby :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Look what gets posted 13 mins after I post this lmao

Gotta be one of the sexiest yoyos of all time too

20 Likes

Aaaah damn those are new colourways, I thought they were already sold out, I am a fan of the cyan one with black rims with a nice yellow string!
Well at the end of the day, maybe…another Klondike

3 Likes

BBB will be #5 for me and that Tiffany Mint w/ black rims MIIIGHTTT be #6

Someone help me pls :skull:

2 Likes